new vizsla member

baileyvankirk

new vizsla member

Post by baileyvankirk » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Hello!

My husband and I got our very first dog in August, a fabulous wrinkle faced vizsla girl named Carlin. She's a little over 6 months now and we are starting to tool around with more outdoorsy things. We live in Marblehead, Ohio and I take her to the beach a few times a week before work. She gets to run and tire herself out before I open up our shop. By closing time she's a maniac and ready to take a walk around the neighborhood or run in the field nearby. She's the happiest in the field and we want to get her outside occasionally doing what she was built for.

Our hunting experience is limited. Pre-dog we lived in Cleveland and didn't have much time to join my stepdad hunting or working with his dogs... the occasional pheasant shoot here or there on holidays and visits home make up our hunting experience. I'm a novice taxidermist and I've never killed my own deer... so embarassing. So the three of us want to learn together.

For Christmas I took a long drive to pick up some live pigeons for my stepdad. He wanted to use them for his youngest dog and he was nice enough to save one for Carlin. He put her on a check cord and had her point it. She was very intense and focused, and when my husband flushed it and fired a starter pistol she watched it fly in big circles around the field until it disappeared into the trees. Watching her stop acting like a goofy rambunctious pup for to find that bird was fantastic, I'm excited to see more.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give a little context. Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from this forum!
carlin2dez.jpg
Carlin2.jpg
carlin4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.