rrjfish8
Number of dogs you own:: 3
Breed(s) of dog(s): Yellow lab, beagle, Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Do you hunt?: Yes
If you hunt, what game?: ...ducks, geese, grouse, ptarmigan, moose, bear, caribou
Do you compete with your dog?: No
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: Knowledge from more experienced trainers

Iowan to Alaska

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:07 am

Hello, I am a 36 year old with two duck dogs, a 12 year old yellow lab that is stating her retirement this year and a 11 month old Chesapeake. I grew up in Iowa only hunting ducks on a small public marsh and turkey but now chase anything with a season. With my dogs I hunt mostly ducks but will case grouse and ptarmigan when I have a chance. I joined this forum to gain training tips because I do run into a few hang ups with my Chesapeake that I never had with my lab.
Attachments
2D46022C-59D8-4DDD-935F-1D3802A8FA2B.jpeg
2D46022C-59D8-4DDD-935F-1D3802A8FA2B.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 251 times

Sharon
GDF Junkie
Number of dogs you own:: 2
Breed(s) of dog(s): 1 JRT

1 Field setter only now, (new pup may be pending :)

(30 years of beagles, 20 years of pointing breeds)
Do you hunt?: Yes
If you hunt, what game?: Hunted for 50 + years, but can't shoot anymore,
due to a shoulder tear Still enjoy getting out with the dogs.
Do you compete with your dog?: Yes
REQUIRED: Why do you want to join Gun Dog Forum?: Competed in the American Field trials, NSTRA for several years.
- still love to talk about pointing breeds,
learn more from the experts
- to help newbies

Re: Iowan to Alaska

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. let us know if you ever need help to have a positive experience here. Beautiful dogs; we need more retriever folk here. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote

Return to “New Members: Please Introduce Yourself”