Rippley’sDad

Post by Rippley’sDad » Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am

Hey everybody, I am a Spokane Washington Resident and currently training my second Brittany named Ripley. He is from big running Field Trial stock and he is highly enthusiastic. I have a couple of part time jobs one at our big trauma center/Hospital and the other as an adjunct teacher at the local community college. I love bird hunting, fly fishing and hiking. I build Bamboo and Graphite Fly rods and have done quite a bit of gunstock building and checkering. Mostly with older side by sides. Looking forward to participating in the forum. THanks! Jeff

fishvik

Re: New Member

Post by fishvik » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 am

Rips Dad, Good to have you aboard. I too am an avid bird hunter and fly fisher/tyer. I did my practical clinical requirement for my EMT certification at Deaconess in Spokane. If you want to work your pup on some sage or sharptails here in SE Idaho let me know.

Steve007

Re: New Member

Post by Steve007 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Rippley’sDad wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am
and have done quite a bit of gunstock building and checkering. Mostly with older side by sides. Looking forward to participating in the forum. THanks! Jeff
This is an admirable thing to do. I know a fellow who regularly buys beat-up older side by sides, rejuvenates them and resells them. I doubt that he makes any money, and I'm sure that's not his motivation. Actually, he's a grumpy jerk, but this excellent hobby partially compensates for his character flaws.

Post before and after pictures on this board. I'll bet a lot of us will be interested!