New Member MN

Joel Thorstad

New Member MN

Post by Joel Thorstad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:23 am

Hey everyone, what a great site! My name is Joel Thorstad, I bounce between Willmar, and Lino Lakes, MN which is my hometown. I am in Firefighter training right now which is the cause for my two locations. My passion is retrievers. My grandfather was a field trialer and got me hooked at a very young age...thanks gramps... My current pup is Bad Drake's Duchess of Ducks aka "Dutch" She's been a blast to train and has taught me as much as I have taught her. I'm looking to add another bitch soon and Dutch will be bred next year which will be the first litter of my small operation "Bad Drake Retrievers". I also produce started dogs from time to time...there'll be a website this spring so you can see these dogs in action. I'm also a field representative for Dogtra collars so if you have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks for having me and I'm lookin forward to conversing with all of you!

Joel Thorstad

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:02 am

Welcome to GDF Joel!...Scott
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans'
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 am

Welcome to GDF!

Greg J.

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:23 am

Welcome to the forum
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:52 am

Welcome to another Minnesotan! In the mid-60s we used to shoot ducks at a pass near Lino Lakes. I think it was alongside Rabidou (sp?) lake. Now I35 runs through that spot only 20 minutes from downtown St. Paul & Mpls.. There was a private hunting camp on the island. My first snipe hunt was nearby at Carlos Avery. In about 1963 we bought our first GSP from a breeder near Lino Lakes. Great memories.

We have lots of distant cousins near Wilmar (last name Kallevig). We just had a little snow and the forecast is for 27 below where I'll be at my cabin in Bemidji tonight but .. the sun is shining again and we're one day closer to spring!

Lab Man

Post by Lab Man » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Welcome to the Gun Dog Forum!!!!

TJH88

Post by TJH88 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm

What a small world....I'm also from Lino, right off of Birch & Centerville, in Stoneybrook. I;m new to the forum too, as we are expecting our 1st brittany pup the last week of March. Maybe we'll see you & Dutch around town....again, welcome to the forum.

Troy