Traveling with a dog

hunting16 gauge

Traveling with a dog

Post by hunting16 gauge » Tue May 17, 2005 6:25 pm

I will be traveling to Kansas to Texas and back to Maryland. I would appreciate if anyone knows what motels/hotels allow dogs in the room. I ran across a list in the past but did not copy it and can't find it again. any help would be appreciated.

pear

Post by pear » Tue May 17, 2005 8:36 pm

I find most of the Holiday Inn Expresses do as well as Red Roof, and Motel 6, actually I'm finding that they are all starting to except dogs. Some have fee some don't. I travel with my crew a lot and have never had much trouble finding a place to stay......"pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Tue May 17, 2005 9:15 pm

There is a motel here in Perry OK that allows dogs.....it is on your way north on I 35 to KS. Called the Cherokeee strip motel.....and of course if you are planning a stop let us know!

Always a pleasure to meet more dog freaks!

P & G
REO

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue May 17, 2005 9:18 pm

Motel 6 sure does, and they're usually really cheap hotel rooms (if it's just one stayover night, I'd go this route). The quality of the rooms can vary depending on the location of the hotel though, so choose wisely and, if you plan to stay in the same place for a few days, choose something more comfortable.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

hunting16 gauge

Post by hunting16 gauge » Wed May 18, 2005 5:32 am

:D :D :D Thanks for the info .

LookoutDog

Post by LookoutDog » Fri May 20, 2005 3:43 pm

I've had good luck with Super 8s. Certainly won't be confused for Ritz Carltons but they're generally clean and most accept dogs for a few extra bucks or damage deposit.

They've got a helpful website (super8.com) and you can easily determine where they're located along your route and if they allow dogs. A few don't but most do.

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Sat May 21, 2005 6:47 am

There is a super 8 in Perry as well, I am not sure on their dog policy though......

We are about an hour from the KS border. 101 miles from Wichita.

If you should need anything health related for the dog, keep our number handy......My wife is a Veterinarian.....580 336 7684.

Have a safe trip.

P & G
REO

hunting16 gauge

Post by hunting16 gauge » Sun May 22, 2005 9:33 am

:D :D :D Thank you all for your interest and replys. Will keep all infor in mind. Appreciate the phone number from QCBirddogs.

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:18 am

Just one more resource for you to check out.

www.petswelcome.com

Has a searchable database of hotels that allow pets.