Hello from Arizona

azhunter

Hello from Arizona

Post by azhunter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey All: I'm a new member from Arizona. My wife and I have been married almost 38 years. We have 2 grown daughters and 3 grandkids. The bumper stickers are right - if we'd have known grandkids were so much fun, we would have had them first! I got my first bird dog - an elhew pup - a couple of months ago from Clarence at the Great Basin Kennels. He's had a great start in his training and I have spent the last couple of months introducing him to his new family that includes our 4 year old lab, and home. He's been a real treat to have around and has become a a good family member as well. I've had him out in the desert several times on pigeons and he has done real well. He hasn't made the transition to wild birds yet, but from what I've heard in this forum, it's a matter of time and patience. I'm looking forward to getting him on more wild birds and watching him grow into a great hunting companion.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 pm

welcome aboard

If you can after it cools off in dec try some of the canyons down by patagonia lake for mearns they hold better

or real grassy areas the bird will hold better in

should be good by safford and don by the willcox areas also they are nice and green right now even around the dragoons
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 pm

to add the dragoons willcox and safford will be more gambles and some areas of scalies but you get in to the grassy spots the bird hold better specially cold mornings
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am

Welcoome,
Not many of us over 30 years married left.
Dіck

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:40 am

Welcome to GDF.
My wife says if I keep running around the country after my dog, I won't see 23 years!( thats only 2 months away) I hope she's kidding :?
Bill L.

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Welcome to the GDF.
Sound's like your having a lot of fun with your dog. :D