A little about you...

DenverSetter08

Re: A little about you...

Post by DenverSetter08 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am a proud new owner of a tri-color English Setter. His name is Hank and he is about 4.5 months old. I am new to the sport, but I am very determined to make sure Hank and I go through the proper training together. I have not started anything yet other than browsing through a few books. I just wanted to see if anyone had any words of wisdom as to maybe the best way to approach training a pointer (keep in mind I am new to everything as well). Thank you so much for your response in advance!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Peter

ridgerunner

Post by ridgerunner » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm 40 years old, unemployed, married 14 years, grouse hunted since I was a kid, have a daughter, and drive a Toyota 4x4 with a gazillion miles on it and I love to climb Mt. LeConte.

HuntingWithRedDogs

Post by HuntingWithRedDogs » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi y'all. I am a 29 year old female firefighter from Florida. I have two vizslas that I hunt ages 5 and 4. We mainly hunt quail and pheasant at the moment. These are my first two hunting dogs ever, but I have been to some seminars and have been working most weekends with them. I look forward to advice from much more seasoned folks then my self!!

bellington

Post by bellington » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 am

I am a 58 year old male from San Diego. I have a 4 year old lab(Misty) and hunt waterfowl and upland game from Alberta to Mexico. Occasionally get east of the Rockies. I like to extend my season by training and running hunt tests. Misty has a MHR title and an AKC SH. Enjoy the social and training interactions around hunt tests. Get allot of enjoyment out of decoying birds, rising roosters and a well trained dog. :D

Biff

Waveman47

Post by Waveman47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Everyone,
I am 41 and high school teacher. I have fished most of my life and started to hunt later in my twenties...mostly on my own learning as I go. My family and I are now interested in getting a dog to serve a dual purpose...pet for the kids and hunting companion. I hope to hunt partridge and maybe pheasant instead of stumbling upon them in the woods. Then my heart won't be trying to tear my chest open and escape.
I joined for several reasons and I will mention a couple of them: 1) communicate with fellow hunters and dog owners; 2) we are looking for an American Cocker Spaniel.
If you can help, please let me know and thank you ahead of time.
I do not check the computer regularly but will do my best to keep up.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 am

Hello I have been on here for a while now. My name is Randy and I am engaged (might as well be married) to Heidi and we have 3 children. Blake our 9 yr old son Caileigh-Jo our 2 yr old daughter and Colton our 1 yr old son. We have a almost 7 month old GSP who is a brother from the same litter to Gunner In The Brush. I plan on using our dog for mainly upland right now but will be also training him on waterfowl for when we move back to Idaho. I currently live in Mesa Az and my fiance and I drive only the best (FORD Trucks). We are a southern family who cant wait to get back out of the city but for now and work it is home. I am also a huge bass fisherman. Anything any one else wants to know just ask.

timhambidge

Post by timhambidge » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 am

54 year old. Live in Southern Ind....down in the "Toe" of Indiana. 2 Brits...4 year old male and 2 year old female. Bred by Randy Johnson, Wingo Ky, TwinCedars Kennel. try to get out 2 or 3 times a month. Plan to go to Wis to grouse hunt twice this year and have a week long trip planned for South Dakota, Aberdeen area.

dovepatch

Post by dovepatch » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 am

Name: Corey Miles
Dog: Brittany “Tex”
Married with a 6yr old daughter “who both love hunt”

I live in central Texas and have been hunting all my life. I have been around training dogs my whole life as well. My dad trained and hunted coonhounds he is AKC and UCK Master of Hounds. So I have been around a slightly different kind of field trial growing up. He has since move to beagles running rabbits. When I was a kid my uncle raised pointers we used for dove and quail hunting. I got into training Labs for dove hunting when I was in collage and loved doing it but always wanted a dual purpose dog in remembrance of my uncle who past on in 1998. Now a little older my family wanted to give it a shoot so we now have a 3 ½ mth old Britt. That is one of the fastest learning dogs I’ve be around. This is my first time outside the Labs so I look forward to getting to know people and open to any help or advice that can be offered.

Thanks for reading and good hunting in the up coming season….and many to come

texaslabowner

Post by texaslabowner » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi everyone I am a 22 yr old female from Texas and just got my first hunting dog. He is a 3 mo old black lab that basically fell into my lap. He was dumped at a friends house and she knew I was looking for a lab and she called me. I named him Gunner and we are just getting started with training. He is learning extremely fast in fact I have never seen a pup learn so quickly. I also have a 5-6 yr old German Shepherd mix that I rescued a few years back. I basically trained her myself with obedience training and basic retrieving but she is incredibly gun shy and never progressed her past that stage, even though she points and is very birdy. I am a trained Veterinary Technician and have been around dogs all my life. I am extremely excited to start training my first hunting dog.

roaner

Post by roaner » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I've got a 4 month old Brittany who I've introduced to quail but will ultimately hunt pheasants and grouse as well as quail when he's a bit older. I live in Cave Creek, Arizona and I hope to make some trips to South Dakota and Minnesota for upland birds next year. My pup got to see his first bobwhite shot this weekend as we cleared the field after the first day at a local trial. I don't plan on running many trials other than maybe a JH test. He is my first bird dog so I'm learning as much as he is.

singleshot54

Post by singleshot54 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:06 pm

I recently moved from El Paso TX to Lawton OK . . . quail hunting is my passion second only to training my Britts.,

Totrout

Post by Totrout » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Hello,
I am from southern Alberta and have been hunting the past 15 years. I hunted behind (and occasionally in front of) a Weim for ten of those years. Recently I picked upa Deutsch Kurzhaar named Sawyer. He is 4 1/2 months and is coming really well. I have access to excellent hunting and he is being exposed to wild birds 3-4 times per week as well as the odd pigeon. A few nights ago he tried to retrieve a live beaver out of the river. Fortunately he never got a hold of it. I plan on running him through the DK testing and NAVHDA. Lookin forward to hunting season although we have had a pretty cold and wet spring up here.

Eastex Elhew Kennels

Post by Eastex Elhew Kennels » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Tracy Clower
Tyler, Texas
I raise and hunt English Pointers of the Elhew variety. I am the Operations Manager/Safety Coordinator for Premium Valve Services( Wellhead and Frac Valve Company)

klewis

Post by klewis » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:26 pm

fdsjr wrote:Tell us a little about you so we can get a perspective on who we are talking to. How old are you?? Male or Female?? What do you do for a living?? How long you been hunting/shooting?? What kind of hunting do you do?? What kind of dog(s) do you have?? How long have you had dogs?? You into any field trials, show, competition or anything like this??
hi ken lewis just joined today. male retired ,hunted since abouy 10 yrs. old, have 1 eng. setter , 1 pointer. owned dogs cose to 30 yrs. dont hunt much any more, just like playing with dogs.

gtdrayer

Post by gtdrayer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 am

Hi I'm Jason Drayer 27 and work for the city of Ottawa ks. I just got a new hunting partner, Miss Bailey Attitude a English pointer. I also have a Black and Tan, she's my trapping help. I'm also a taxidermist, jasons taixidermy on Facebook and just started Timberline Bobwhites a game bird farm.
Jasons taxidermy and Timberline Quail

ROX-L

Post by ROX-L » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am

Casey Gray
Male
24, Engineer
Married for 2.5 years. Just got into bird hunting last year. Deer hunted since I was about 14.

Have 2 GSPs. One was mine from the git go, 7 weeks, (Roxy), the other was my dad's until he decided he couldn't take care of her (L.E.). They are sisters and about 7 months old now. Training one dog was going great, now training two dogs at once is quickly turning into a nightmare. :cry: Jealousy is increasing and I'm not sure how to get them on the right track. Roxy, my baby, has gone rogue and L.E., my dad's pup, has turned into a sweet heart. Got them separated during training after reading up on training two dogs at once. Quickly realizing that training these dogs without GDF might not ever happen. :)

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:48 pm

My name is Holly, I live in Bend, Oregon and I'm a 33 year old wildlife biologist (i.e. bird nerd). I've bird hunted (mostly grouse and a little chukar) since I was a kid. My last dog was a yellow lab. that I rescued but she wasn't much of a hunter (loved frisbee though). I pick up my English Setter puppy on Oct. 1 and couldn't be more excited. I am definitely planning on doing lots of training over the next year and hope to be ready to do some hunting next season. If things go well and Gertie (my pup) and I get along I would like to try my hand at trialing. I don't have a horse and don't necessarily want one so I joined NSTRA. I'm wondering if there are ways to connect with other NSTRA folks in Central Oregon? I'd really like to learn as much as I can and would appreciate any information anyone has. Cheers. H
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

legallyblonde

Post by legallyblonde » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 am

My name is Sara, I'm a 31 year old attorney in Michigan. I'm relatively new to bird work with dogs, started about 1.5 years ago, but not new to dogs. I have 2 GSPs (that's who's listed in my signature): Ozzy who's 2, and Oskar who's 9. I've also got an 11 yr old Weim, 6 yr old ACD, and 2 yr old Border Collie. I'm regretting not hunting my older GSP so he's started coming to training with us at 9 years old LOL! I've competed my younger GSP in HRC and NAVHDA, got some hunting in last fall, and looking forward to our second season this fall. Here to learn!
Sara
SHR UWP CH Abbe Lane's Prince of Darkness TAN NA-I
UWPCH CA GSJCH USUVCH Boogerman Loverboy Oskar CGC TDI

jackie

Post by jackie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:24 pm

My name is Jackie, I am a female, I have a yellow lab named Mattie, who is 10 months old, and this will be her first year hunting!! I work at a veterinary hospital, I am 18 and am attending college to become a registered vet tech. We hunt all waterfowl and upland game, and occasionally deer. I am a big time workaholic, so when I'm not at the clinic, im in the field with my dog and my gun.

sbrandau

Post by sbrandau » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello all, Im a 30 year old male named Steve. I am the K-9 handler for our Police Department and I love hunting! I have a 9 year old English Pointer named Duke and he too loves hunting. I normally only hunt pheasant because pheasants are tasty!! I am open to hunting other types of birds, but I only kill what I will eat and one thing Im not eating is duck. Too greasy.... I am married and have two children. Both girls, one is 12 and the other is 4 months. My 12 year old doesnt like hunting but Im hoping to pass my shot gun down to my youngest maybe she will enjoy it as much as I do! As far as my other dogs I do have a 12 year old Pug named Mikey, a 11 year old Border Collie named Max, and a 4 year old Belgian Malinois named Ivan.. Like I said hello and nice to meet averyone. :D

Toolbox

Post by Toolbox » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Retired ....live in upstate NY ( Adirondacks)...during the summer....Pinehurst, NC in winter and spring. 2 pointers...hunt pheasant, gruse and quail...watching my dogs work together...It doesn't get any better !!!!!!!!!!!

wandal

Greetings from Edmonton!

Post by wandal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

IMG_4939.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG
My name is Wanda and I reside in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I am blessed to share my life with 4 Standard Schnauzers and one very old Miniature Schnauzer.
I am a bit out my element here in the sporting dog clan, but I am hoping someone may be able to help me. My father gifted me two figurines of hunting dogs and I am wondering if anyone could tell me more about them. I have no idea of their value, other than the sentimental value they hold for me.
They appear to be made of a resin substance. The label on the bottom identifies a company by the name of Sabre in Montreal. Made in China
Do these figurines have any monetary value? How can I find them a loving home?
W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CDNHUNTER

Post by CDNHUNTER » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:46 am

Hello! My name is Shannon. I'm 28 years old. I'm a mother of 6 Kids. I'm new to hunting with a dog. I recently purchased my first bird hunting pup. I have bought a Wiem. I'm planning on showing NAVHDA and my CKC FDJ next year.

Band_Blaster

Post by Band_Blaster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 am

Trevor 27 yrs old
Menifee Ca
married with 2 kids Cash 3.5 yrs and Ellie 20 months
8 week old Yellow Lab (Hank)
Hows it going ? I have been hunting for the past 12 yrs I mostly hunt Upland and Waterfowl. We got our Lab from a lady down the street that had a British Choc and a yellow female. We named him Hank. Im gonna try to start him on training nbut if i get to a point where its not progressing i WILL TAKE HIM TO A TRAINER HERE IN So Cal.
_MG_3163.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PZulu

Post by PZulu » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Hello Hunters!

I am 30yrs old, Male , living in Phoenix, AZ. Just got my first gun dog and have been training him at Desert Pheasant Rec in Coolidge, AZ. Hes a great little troublemaker (brittany) , his name is Eli. I also have a golden retriever, his name is Max who doesnt hunt (yet maybe some day). GREAT INFO on this forum , thanks.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Not really a new member but have been unable to get the "login" on that blue line to come up for a long time. Actually called the new owners of the site trying to find out what was happening, didn't do any good. So just forgot about it for a long time. Thought about it today and got that login in deal. Problem was I no longer new what my code number was. Finally decided that I'd just register all over. That worked. Squirt and Bodie have grown up. Oh yea, don't remember what my screen name was either, it's a senior thing!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Soilman

Post by Soilman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:17 pm

How old are you?? Male or Female?? What do you do for a living?? How long you been hunting/shooting?? What kind of hunting do you do?? What kind of dog(s) do you have?? How long have you had dogs?? You into any field trials, show, competition or anything like this??

My name is Barry and I work for USDA-NRCS. (old soil conservation service) as a soil scientist. I'm 47 and have been hunting since I was old enough to tag along with my dad. Presently, I hunt deer, waterfowl, turkeys, dove and squirrel. When I was young, and there were still a few quail in NC, my dad and uncles all hunted birds. I only got in on the tail end of quail hunting before the birds were gone. We had an english pointer and a GSP growing up. I had an english setter for my own first dog. I also had a beagle once. Presently, we have an austrailian cattledog and a terrier mutt that we took in a few years ago. I'm beginning to research for a sporting dog. Kinda interested in a boykin, gwp, gsp or maybe a lab. I've never participated in any field trials or anything.

traehow

Post by traehow » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 am

My name is Trae. 26 yrs old father of 3. I own a 7 month old GSP. I intend to hunt quail, pheasant, and chukar. I have recently started raising my own birds for hunting and training purposes.

Look forward to the help given on this forum.

tomahawk34

Post by tomahawk34 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I am 42 with an 11 year old english springer spaniel and a 2 year old bue wiemeriener. I have 2 sons 16 & 13. I hunt pheasants and doves as far as birds.

Bossman27

Post by Bossman27 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Sales rep in the Twin Cities.
I have a 1.5 year old Shorthair "Boss" from Willow Creek Kennels in Little Falls, MN as seen in my avatar. He's been awesome so far and hes up to about 65 pounds. Had him point about 200-500 wild birds last year in his first year of hunting and I'm anxious to get him out for some more.

I bird hunt every opportunity I get, ducks/geese every weekend in the outskirts of the metro Twin Cities. Two trips a year to SD and local pheasant hunting after ducks/geese in the morning. I love the website, super respectful/helpful members with a ton of knowledge who are happy to help...hard to find on the internet.

gunnoegj

Post by gunnoegj » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 am

Name: George
Work: Pipeline & Oil/Gas Industry
Dog's Info: 5 year old, English Pointer, "Shiner"

Trying to get a little more into upland bird hunting. Usually hunt dove and deer in South Texas. I don't have much experience with field trials. Looking forward to sharing information and utilizing my dog to the best of his ability.

johnnydog

Post by johnnydog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:48 am

John
I live in Great Falls, Montana and upland is on, and big game is just around the corner.
I am 50 if you must know.
I am retired from the Navy after 22 years where I was a welder, fitter and a fire fighter/fire marshal. I have since gone to school for my bachelor of science in Information Technology and work at hospital that is growing like well watered weed.
I am new to all of the game stuff and have put a reservation on pick of the litter for a pointing lab that will be whelped in the spring of 2013. I currently hunt Upland with a friend who has a serious lab hunter and a fun loving golden who does ok. I will be spending the next year and 1/2 learning to break bad habits, learning good habits and preparing myself to make sure that if that dog don't hunt, it won't be my fault. I know absolutely nothing about the topic but can guarantee you that this old dog can learn new tricks. My first priority with my new dog will be the relationship, if nothing else, we can grow old together. I have only hunted upland for the last 3 years and as I enter into my midlife crisis, I feel like a buck in the rut about upland hunting and having my first dog train me :wink:
I look forward to learning from each of you, even as I know, like all of the interest and hobbies that I have entertained, most of you will have varying opinions of sorts. So let's getter dun, Hup Dog!

dmoch

Post by dmoch » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am

Darren
I'm 38 yo. I am from Red Deer Alberta, Canada.
I work in the oil and gas industry as a Field Supervisor for Pure Energy Production testing division.
My wife and I currently own 2 Brittany spaniels, we trial and hunt one (Nitro and Ortin) Ortin the younger of the 2 (Nitro spelled backwards) is just starting trials.
I have hunted most of my life mainly Big game and ducks and geese, but I have been bitten hard by these gun dogs. Just happy to see a dog do what it was bred for.
Planning on getting a GSP once we get Ortin trained up, then who knows maybe chase all age in my retirement years lol.
This is going to get expensive with horses and trailers but as long as I am having fun and the dogs are happy it is worth it.

JEANBORCHARDT

Post by JEANBORCHARDT » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

MY NAME IS JEAN, WE HAVE ENGLISH SETTERS AND ENGLISH POINTERS. WE RUN THEM IN WALKING DOG TRIALS IN WI, ILL, AND MIN. I THINK WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALMOST 6 YEARS NOW. WE ARE IN OUR 40'S. OUR SON IS JUST OLD ENOUGH NOW TO GO HUNTING, AND HE LOVES IT. WE LIVE IN JOHNSON CREEK WI.

WEB

Post by WEB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 am

I have been a gun dog enthusiast since the late 1960's ... First with Weims then an English Setter and Pointer. got involved with AKC Field Trialling with the Cincy Weim Club and Mike McKee a fellow Weim enthusiast. Moved to Peoria, IL and continued to hunt Pheasants and Quail over my gun dogs for the next 20 years... Past President and Secretary/Treasurer of the Mid-State Bird Dog Club which held gun dog stakes and Pheasant Put & Takes for Local Bird Hunters near Morton Ipava IL... I currently have a 4.5 year old Weim "Roxie" and have been campaigning her on the AKC circuit. We live in Tennessee now that I have retired and am currently busy working with a great group of guys getting the East Tennessee Bird Dog Association up and running. We held our first Licensed AKC field trial Oct 7-9, 2011 on Hunter Payne's Gun Dog Development grounds, near Spring City, TN. Consensus was it came off a success with 68 entries coming from 8 different states and Ontario, Canada. Will attempt to post a You Tube link to allow other GDF members to share in some of the fun we had. Glad to join the group.... hope to see some of you at our next events.... :D

roxannedogs

Post by roxannedogs » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Female, 51, dog trainer, started with english setters, last 12 yrs English setters and pointers. Show, Obedience, Rally, Agility, Service, Therapy, and most fun of all... Bird hunting & hunt tests. Trying, first time, to train a pointer for ski joring. Vermont is a great place for all of that.

1966jose

Post by 1966jose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:23 am

Hi there all my name is Jose Roman and I live in Ma., I have combined my favorite passions for the past 2 years and have made some incredible people that have made themselves available to help through the process I must say it has been a blast so far.

myersj86

Post by myersj86 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 am

My name is Jake I'm 25 and a veterinary student at Washington State University in Pullman, WA.
I don't own any dogs yet but that's kind of why I'm here.
I've recently become very interested in pheasant hunting and have a friend with a dog that we go with. Not much else to say about me other than I really want to have my own bird dog some day soon and I have some questions and this seemed like an ideal place to maybe get them answered.

AMA

Post by AMA » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Retired, Educator, 75. Have hunted and trialed until recent years. Mostly hunt pheasants but will hunt ducks with grandchildren.
I currently have a GSP but have owned English pointers and several English setters.

Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Charles is my name, Hunting is my game and don't wear it out! LOL

I currently don't have a hunting dog to hunt with but will eventually get one for both hunting and my boys to play with.

Always looking to make friends and long-time hunting/fishing partners. I am from Warren, OH (Trumbull County)

Finn

Post by Finn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi,

My name is Miikka, male, 36 years old. I'm from Finland and now spending a year as a researcher in California near San Francisco. Back home in Finland I have a 6 years old german short haired pointer. The dog is hunting with my father this year and as the hunting season in Finland is going on strong - I'm writhing in agony of not being there :( Would be nice to get to know some locals hunting with pointers and possibly even see some action.

Flyboy

Post by Flyboy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm Dave, male, 30 years old. I work in tech support, and I'm in law school. I grew up with Springer Spaniels, and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for them. I'm in the Oklahoma City, OK area, and looking to meet the locals, as I'm looking to get a Springer sometime soon.

Klondike

Post by Klondike » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I am 48 years old live in Elk River with my lovely wife of 27 years and kids. My GSP is my first pointer and is a wonderful friend. I have been blessed to have a buddy who runs field champions and he has been a patient mentor and sportsman. I enjoy being in the field or in the woods no matter what the DNR bird counts are...I am going.
P1080015.JPG
During the winter I dog sled behind my GSP and a few rookie sled dogs.
Last edited by Klondike on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Drive 8 hours south , 10 if you drive slow and pee a lot....

Louburk

Post by Louburk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Name: Justin
male 25
GSP 2 year old female. Dixiebell
I Have a great young dog, we do not field trial and i'm not sure if i have the time for that. I hope to this coming year. I am looking to breed her this spring and have been researching general information. so that i can make good breeding choices.

dorunblue

Post by dorunblue » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am

Kevin, 45 year old chemist from Indy. Hunting since 9. Only upland for ~past 20 years. Only gun dogs I have ever had are brittanys (from the same line for the last 20 years.) Currently have my first litter of brittanys, because evidently the 100 acres my dad's dog had to run in was not enough, he needed to cross the highway and didn't make it. Bred the sister of that dog to get a pup for him.
Puppy1.jpg

gaberdeen

Post by gaberdeen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:05 am

Hi, my name is Gary. I am 44 yrs old. Married for 11 yrs and have 4 kids. I have a 9 yr old Golden Retriever who I had ever intention of training but the reality of having 4 young kids in the house, well , lets just say shes a great family dog. Fast forward to 9 yrs later and all but 1 of the kids are out of the house on their own. Find myself with quite a bit of free time now so I pulled the trigger and put a deposit on a Braque Francias. I should be bringing the pup home around Christmas and am looking forward to training an upland dog. Great forum, hope to get to know some of you. Thanks.

teague33

Post by teague33 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:57 am

Name: Lance Lueck
Marital Status: Married for a year to Larissa, a second grade teacher
Kids: 2 = working on it
Dogs: 2 = Teague, 2 1/2 yellow lab male
Years around hunting dogs: 4 years, with retrievers, got into upland later in life
Joined GDF to expand my knowledge up dogs, and upland hunting. I'm from Wisconsin, and we have a family cabin in Northern Wisconsin, no running water, or power. A true hunting shack. I started grouse hunting 4 years ago and I was hooked right away. Got our yellow lab a little over two years ago, and he's a bird finding machine.

In the next year I'd like to get a pointing dog, and I'm really drawn to the GSP. With the new pup I'd also like to start running hunt test and navdha tests.

Stevo387

Post by Stevo387 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:31 am

My name is Steven I'm 28 years old and live in South Ga. But I am originally from Paulding county Ga. I have a female GSP named Rose. We hunt Quail and Pheasant. I am in the Air Force and moved back down here about a year ago. Lived in North Dakota and Kansas for the past 6-7 years. I have had hunting dogs all my life.

Joenailer

Post by Joenailer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi, I'm Joe. Grew up hunting quail in central Virginia. We had English setters, English pointers, weims but found the English setters to be the most fun to hunt. Fast forward 30 years, kids are heading off to college and the wife picks the gsp's for the next pup. We have a 6month old GSP that just nailed her first two points in junior hunter in her first 2 hunt tests. Now, if there were only some wild birds around.....