Hello and Thank You

Kube

Hello and Thank You

Post by Kube » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:37 am

I've been a member for a while, and I was reading before my pup was even born. I have a 19 month old female gsp, Molly. I almost feel like I know some of you guys. I decided I should write something in this part to sort of introduce myself to the rest of the forum, but [b]mostly to thank all of you guys and ladies for sharing all of your knowledge and experience. [/b]My books and videos are good, but this place is so great for looking up a specific situation and finding answers. I have so far always found a thread that applied to the exact issue I was dealing with. I'm not much of a writer so that has worked great for me. Well anyway you'll likely see more of me here soon. I've finally got my wife warmed up to the idea of keeping pigeons. I know I should have had them first, but it took me long enough just to get her to want to get the dog in the first place. Wild birds are hard to come by, but I've done okay so far...well until recently. I need some controlled bird situations to try a solution to a problem that I have read about on this forum. I've just about finished building my pigeon trap, and I've got plans for a coop. My wife actually discussed today what color she wanted to paint it!
Thanks again to all of you for putting time into this forum. You are reaching more people than you know and have created a tool that I believe is helping people be better dog owners every day.

Matt

Elroy's Bandit

Re: Hello and Thank You

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01 am

I couldn't agree with you more Matt!! This is a terrific forum with a bunch of great people and good advice. Welcome as an "active" member of the forum. Look forward to seeing around.
Bill L.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am

Hey Matt,did you buy your dog from Bob Merkel or Jamie Eick ? Welcome to the board.

Kube

Post by Kube » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:15 am

Bob Merkel.

pear

Post by pear » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 am

Welcome and thanks for the kind words about GDF, Randy"pear"Bauman, GDF Moderator
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm

The dogs in my Kennel started with a couple dogs I bought from Bob Merkel.