Pet Containment systems

ccavacini

Pet Containment systems

Post by ccavacini » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am

Going to be moving soon...have to leave my pet containment system at the old house. Thinking about getting a Wireless Pet Containment syster (Pet Safe makes them.) Got tired of all the digging putting my old wires in.

Anybody have any experience with them?

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:58 am

I hated it and took mine back about 2 yrs ago. It covers a circle with about 180 ft diameter. By the time you put it on/in your home, the dog has hardly any room. Thats just my take on it... Hope it helps...

ccavacini

Post by ccavacini » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:52 am

grant wrote:I hated it and took mine back about 2 yrs ago. It covers a circle with about 180 ft diameter. By the time you put it on/in your home, the dog has hardly any room. Thats just my take on it... Hope it helps...
Thanks, that's the info I've been looking for...I'll just get another Innotek and install it myself..

The new yard will be very small (moving into a Villa) so I don't need a system that's too powerful.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:07 am

I believe Petsafe brand has an "above ground installation" how to page on their web site. You buy some ground staples and just lay the wire out and staple it down. The grass will grow over it and hide it they say.

pear

Post by pear » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:10 am

Just a thought, if your dogs already understand the way it works...........try just flaging the new yard, work them into the flags just like when you trained them the first time. tick them with the e-collar if they need a refreasher on what the flags mean. Just a thought................."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

ccavacini

Post by ccavacini » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:23 am

pear wrote:Just a thought, if your dogs already understand the way it works...........try just flaging the new yard, work them into the flags just like when you trained them the first time. tick them with the e-collar if they need a refreasher on what the flags mean. Just a thought................."pear"
You know, I thought about that...90% of the time I don't even put her collar on...and when I do, it wouldn't work anyway because I've got a break somewhere......But,

my wife has the dumbest dog in the world (sorry Chocolate Lab guys)...You have to tell him to poop or he forgets...so, it's more for him...
Thanks

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:40 am

when I did the in ground, I just went around the yard with my edger. then stuck the line in the crack and walked with a sand bag poring sand onto the line. I did 1 acre pretty quick...

ccavacini

Post by ccavacini » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:52 am

The place we're moving, they're just finishing the landscaping..so I suppose the ground will be soft enough to lay a line. I do have a bunch of wire left over from my last effort.

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm

Just in case you don't have enough or if someone wants some wire. I have 1000' of petsafe wire. Someone could have it for $30, I paid more than that. You can post or PM me :roll:

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:53 am

Check your email I need your address!!
Tom

Richard *UT*

Post by Richard *UT* » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks. Sorry about that. It had been a long while. Too busy reading the gun dog forum. :D

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:25 pm

Richard *UT* wrote:Thanks. Sorry about that. It had been a long while. Too busy reading the gun dog forum. :D
Consider that your warning!!!!!! OK Lee Kay 3pm this Sunday! Be there or be..... well not there!!!!!