Gun Dog Forum Rules

grant
GDF Junkie

Gun Dog Forum Rules

Post by grant » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Gun Dog Forum Rules

The purpose of this board is to serve as a resource for gun dog trainers and owners. Regardless of your experience with gun dogs, this forum is a place to ask questions, share knowledge, and meet other gun dog enthusiasts.
The GDF needs to be different from other boards. More specifically, the GDF is not a place to fight out your personal vendettas or for you to be a troll!

While on the GDF, please abide by the following rules:

If you advertise without paying, use the Submit Your Site topic.

You may include your website in your signature or if you link to GDF from your site. You can find logos here:

http://www.gundogforum.com/index.php?page=linktous

If GDF moderators cannot find a GDF link on your site, your site will be removed from your signature. GDF free websites and perfectpedigree.com websites can be included in your signatures.

- Be wary of who you buy and sell to. Unfortunately, we have the occasional troll who will rip you off.

- Keep posts on topic.

- Keep and open mind to other training methods.
Your training method is not the only solution to a problem, so don’t be a troll.

- Agree to disagree.
Feel free to disagree with others. However, a direct assault at another member is not acceptable.

- Be respectful of others when posting messages. If you have a problem with someone, don't flame them using a post for everyone to see, send them a private message to discuss the issue. Posts that are disrespectful will be deleted.

- Have fun!

If your post contains any material that is abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented, which violates the registration agreement, IT WILL BE DELETED, and the member making the post will be privately warned. If the the same member is in violation again. They WILL be banned from the Gun Dog Forum.

If anyone notices a post that violates the registration agreement, please notify grant with a Private Message, and the text or link to or from the post.

If you are one of the trolls who can't get over yourself and feel the need to flame me, send it to grant@gundogforum.com
Last edited by grant on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grant
GDF Junkie

Re: Gun Dog Forum Rules

Post by grant » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm

grant wrote:
You may include your website in your signature if you link to GDF from your site. You can find logos here:

http://www.gundogforum.com/index.php?page=linktous

If GDF moderators cannot find a GDF link on your site, your site will be removed from your signature. GDF free websites and perfectpedigree.com websites can be included in your signatures.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Gun Dog Forum Rules

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Want to add some to this:

1. GDF is family-, newbie-, and hobbyist- friendly. We try to gently nudge things once in a while to keep it that way. Once in a great while, it has to be more than a nudge.

2. If you get a PM from a moderator asking you to modify the tone of your posts, please, please do not take it personally. We're just trying to help. We're busy, have headaches and all the other same reasons you do for having bad days. If we try to "remember the human", we'll all get along.

3. Assuming someone else's identity in any way is a no-no. That includes rejoining under another username after being suspended and cut-and-paste posting for someone else that has been suspended.

4. Remember that this is a very public forum with over 3000 members and many more that just lurk. Remember the human(s) that you're "speaking" to. Treat them as you would want yourself treated in a very, very public place.

5. If you make a mistake in posting, you can edit or delete your own posts via the "Edit" and "X" buttons, respectively, in the top-right.

Greg J.

Turville

Greg Jennings

Post by Turville » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Hello,
I am somewhat new to the sport, I have been pheasant hunting a few times and loved it. I got a dog and was looking at getting a bird releaser to start training. I came across some plans to build a bird releaser and I am having some trouble getting it to work. The plans are by Steven Ayers but your name was on the post. I have a few questions and I was wondering if you could answer them or help me get in contact with Steven. Thanks a whole heap, hope to hear from you soon
Turville