Hello from Nebraska

hpvizslas

Hello from Nebraska

Post by hpvizslas » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:31 am

Hello all,

New to the group and just wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I moved to North Central Nebraska (about 60 miles from SD) in October of last year after the birth of our daughter. We currently have two Hungarian Vizslas and are looking forward to soon adding a Wirehaired Vizsla. I have done hunt tests and field trials through AKC and am looking for other games to play, may try NSTRA soon. Can't wait for bird season to get here or at least for it to cool down so I can get back to training. If anybody is in my area, let me know. If you know of any trials that are a can't miss, let me know that too.

Thanks
Jeff

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Re: Hello from Nebraska

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:56 am

Hey Jeff~Welcome to GDF. You live within 50 or so miles of a couple of WILD bird trials. The NGSPA Region 17, and The NGSPA Prarie Chicken Championship. Both are in September. The Chicken is by Brewster. Can't remember exactly where the 17 is, but it's close.

You are in the middle of some pretty nice country. Lots of birds in some places. Phes, Sharpies, Chickens. :mrgreen:

Ever been to Uncle Buck's over in Brewster? If you haven't, then you need to go check it out. Kind of a restaurant, motel, dance hall, rodeo kinda place. Very cool. 8) Great food. Ask them about the legend of the Sandhills Baboon. :?

You have to go see Norm's gas station in Dunning, when people are on their way to Sturgis. It's a little place in the middle of no where, and pretty much EVERYBODY stops there on their way to Sturgis. Makes for some pretty cool pictures.

Doug

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Sounds good. I will have to check those places out, we have not been to either one yet. We have seen several prairie chickens in the area and a suprising number of quail. Will they let red dogs run in those trials? I probably would be blown out of the water but something fun to try.

Thanks
Jeff

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Jeff~They're GSP only. Closest AKC 1/2 hour weekend trials (open to other breeds) are at Branched Oak Rec Area in Lincoln.

Go to the Championships just to ride. You will see some of the best GSPs in the country at those trials. All of those dogs and more are at the Nebraska GSP Club fall horseback trial at B.O. right after the Championships.

Doug

Meller

Post by Meller » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 am

Welcome to the GDF! :)

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Welcome Jeff... I'm located kinda close to you in Merna. Its a dot on the map!!! I'll be training my own dogs and a V of my buddies in the sandhills near dunning and halsey here starting in July on the weekends. Where did you move from???

Rob
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:33 am

Jeff, Welcome to GDF!! Hearing all this talk about the Region 17 & Prarie Chicken Championship is getting my kind of excited for the fall!!
Bill L.

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Rob, As you probably know, Chambers is just a dot too. But that is why we moved here. We lived just south of Nashville, TN for 3.5 years and in Blue Springs, MO (near Kansas City) for about 6 years. I am ready to start training a little more now.

Jeff