new from GA

jcbjr

new from GA

Post by jcbjr » Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Hello, my name is Jim I live in Cherokee Co, GA north of Atlanta. We just got back from Wisconsin with 3 new English setter pups, Ryman - Old Hemlock lineage. After 30 years as a vet, 26 years of marriage, and 12 kids, and a string of fru fru pet dogs, I finally got what I've always wanted. I bird hunted a lot in Texas where I grew up and went to college and vet school (Texas A&M, undergrad '76, CVM '79), but have not had the opportunity here. I plan on doing some quail hunting, probably raising quail at my place for training. I also want to do some grouse hunting in the mountains. I've trained a few dogs for basic obedience, but I'm a newbie at bird dog hunt training. Any advice and /or interest in getting together for training will be appreciated. Anyone feel free to ask for vet advice.
Oh, BTW, I have orange Belton and tri Belton females (8 weeks old), and a blue Belton male with black ear and eye patch (7 weeks old). When they're not eating,sleeping, or snuggling with the family, they are nose down and bird dogging big time!

thanks, I'll check back later.....................JB

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: new from GA

Post by birddogger » Tue May 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!! It is nice to have a few vets on here. As far as being new at training birddogs, you are in the right place. There is alot of knowledge, experience and people willing to help on this site. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu May 13, 2010 6:12 am

Welcome to the GDF! :)
Sound's like some nice puppies, we like pictures too!

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Sat May 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Jim, Welcome to GDF !!
Bill L.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 am

Hey Dr Jim...Welcome...You are not far from us in N Ga. We are in LaFayette..Sounds like you got your hands full, not counting the dogs! Call on us if you need any assistance, that is what we do here :)
brenda

briguyz71

Post by briguyz71 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Welcome. I live in Cobb Co., so we are basically neighbors. I have some good friends on here that also live in the area. PM me if you want to get together and talk dog or train.
Brian