New feller

Soilman

New feller

Post by Soilman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am

Hey folks,

I live in NC and work for Natural Resources Conservaton Service. I'm 47 and a lifelong hunter/fisherman. When I was young, bird hunting was the big thing. My dad and most of my uncles had bird dogs...mostly pointers. About the time I got old enough to be more than just a nuscience in the field, the quail population crashed and all but did away with bird hunting in NC. I hunt mostly deer, waterfowl, dove and squirrel now. I've had an english setter and a beagle. Currently, we just have a cattledog and a terrier mut. I currently do not have a bird dog, but have been thinking along that line for the past few years. I just didn't act on it due to an impending move. I'm wanting to get a versitile dog. Been thinking along the lines of Boykin, GWP, GSP or possibly a Lab. This forum looks like a great resource for helping in deciding and training tips.

Max2

Re: New feller

Post by Max2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Welcome & good luck with the choice of pup you make .

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Welcome to GDF!! Good luck choosing your pup.
Bill L.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome to GDF. There is no wrong choice when it comes to choosing the right hunting partner :wink: The dog will be exactly the product of the time and energy you invest in him along the way. :lol: Choose the desired traits from the breed profiles, find the best breeder you can and enjoy the ride!