Hi From Rural South Central Texas

magpie

Hi From Rural South Central Texas

Post by magpie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Folks,

I just found this forum while looking for information on carpi (wrist) pain in my GWP who is 6 or 7 years old. She was a stray.

We do not hunt, but we live on 32 wooded acres in the Texas Post Oak Savannah where there is a lot of hunting. We also have a Boxer and 2 eleven month old mixes. Our GWP had never gone into heat in all the years we had her and then last January she sure looked pregnant, and she was. She had to have a c-section half way through birthing. We lost several puppies. Since they looked like GWP puppies according to a rescue person I had networked with when we got her, we had their tails docked and dewclaws removed. We actually sold the puppies for $75 each to people who drove long distances to buy them. One a 5 hour round trip. We kept 2 puppies. They are ticked black and white but are beginning to show a little liver on their ears. They, like their mom, are great dogs. I love them. I love all our dogs. We had the GWP spayed during the c-section.

So . . . we live in the country with 4 dogs that have strong strong prey instincts. Not a good thing!

We have Texas Barbado sheep. The rams are considered trophy rams. We have 2 Dorper sheep, and a lovely St. Croix ram lamb. We have two cats, about 200 homing pigeons, and 5 chickens that we hate. I sold my horse recently. :( We will be getting 2 St. Croix ewe lambs in a couple of months.

And I am old.

That is about it for me. I will post about Mag's wrists in the health section.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

proudag08

Re: Hi From Rural South Central Texas

Post by proudag08 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

Glad to see another Texan on the forum! Hope you find what youre looking for here! Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy there on your ranch! Enjoy and welcome!