Hello from Michigan

luvmydogs

Hello from Michigan

Post by luvmydogs » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 am

Hi All,

I am a new member from southwest Michigan. My husband and I own a hunting preserve where we offer whitetail deer and pheasant hunts. We started the preserve about 4 years ago. I am 42, my husband 45 and we have a 19-year old son who lives at our hunting lodge down the street. We own 4 dogs: 1 Llewellin Setter (12 yrs old), 2 Llewellin/English Setters (mostly Llewellin) at 1 1/2 yrs old, and 1 Labrador (6 yrs old). My husband guides the hunts and my job is taking care of the animals. I exercise/condition the dogs and do most of the animal feeding. I really love the energy of my young dogs...they are not hyper, just need lots of exercise to keep them happy. We walk at least twice a day for a minimum of an hour per time, rain/shine/snow/sleet. The dogs never seem to care what the weather is, do they? Even in bad weather, this is my relaxation time just being with the dogs.

Anyway, I'm always interested in talking to others about dogs and learning more, so thought I'd sign up for GDF. Thanks.

Ghosted3

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 am

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people here and tons of great information!

Corry