Hey

Preacher
Location: Strongs, MI (15 miles past the middle of nowhere), in da U.P. eh

Hey

Post by Preacher » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Hey -
Well as this topic indicates I a new member. My true passion is for fly fishing, but also enjoy hunting various species. A couple of years ago my wife, son, and I moved to the U.P. of Michigan and I have been wanting to get a dog for a while. Many factors played into which breed, and it boiled down to one that will will be able to be a good family dog (every boy needs a dog growing up right), one that will alert and protect (we live in the black bear capitol of Michigan, and frequently have the wolf tracking plans flying over our house), and one that I can hunt with (it came down to rabbit or grouse, both of which are plentify in our location)... so after doing a little research I ended up bring home a GSP that was great. At 12 weeks old he knew all the basics and was starting to walk on heel with a couple of positve trys at whoa. Unfortunatly, trying to catch the truck tire was not something that he had not learned to do yet, as my wife ran him over. I didnt realize how attached I had become. I took this very hard for reasons that probably go much deeper than the death of a great little pup. Anyway we picked up another GSP and I look forward to building that bond and working with my new friend. I also look forward to getting involved in this forum, and meeting some new people with a shared passion. Anyway thats a bit about me.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: Hey

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 am

Welcome aboard !
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

AmericanBrittGuy

Hey

Post by AmericanBrittGuy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm

From one preacher to another, welcome!