Hellow from Missouri!

White-n-Chief

Hellow from Missouri!

Post by White-n-Chief » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 pm

HI everyone, My name is Andrew.

I hunt mostly upland game including quail and the increasingly elusive ring neck! This pas year a couple coworkers and I went to North Dakota to hunt waterfowl, so now I have a new hunting category to add to the ever-increasing list. I have grown up hunting upland birds and think there is nothing better than watching a bird dog work the field, especially when he catches whiff of a bird. I have been accustomed to several breeds including Vizsla, GSP, GWP, and even (by mistake) GWP-Vizsla mix!

Anyway, I have been hunting for as long as I can remember and really enjoy being outdoors and managing the family farm for upland birds. Since then, I am now a Wildlife Biologist for one of the leading habitat preservation organizations in the country and thoroughly enjoy everything I do in this career. Now with this great job I can fund some destination hunts with my dog Chief, a Deutsch Drahthaar. He is young and is learning the do's and don'ts in the life of an upland dog right now and continues to impress me on a daily basis. This is the first dog I have owned and I must say, I am hooked on the Drats. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all breeds and have hunted behind some exceptional dogs in the past, but Chief will always be #1!

I look forward to reviewing and joining in on the discussions in the forum. More importantly, I am proud to be part of such a large group of folks who enjoy a lot of the same things I do!

Happy Hunting!
-Andrew

deseeker

Re: Hellow from Missouri!

Post by deseeker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Welcome to the forum. Take Chief to ND with you when you hunt ducks and when you are done stay up another week and hunt phez(you won't be sorry!!). We hunt the SW corner of ND and we usually see at least 500 birds a day. Also if you hunt the SW corner you can also pick up a few sharpies and maybe a hun while you are hunting phez. Again welcome to the forum. :D

Moulders Farm

Post by Moulders Farm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Hellow from another Mo . I am around White man AFB enjoy the forum

Big bloc

Post by Big bloc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. Right next door to you. Have a lot of kin in Aldrich
Never ever tease a gundog. Build rapport

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 am

Welcome to the forum. Happy hunting

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Welcome from north central Missouri

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Welcome to the forum. It is a great one for sure.
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.