Hello From Alaska

Lastfrontier

Hello From Alaska

Post by Lastfrontier » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Cheers from Anchorage, Alaska! I am a 21 year old student living in Alaska with my husband enjoying the last frontier on the Army's orders. We have a field bred English cocker, that I have been working with to finally get our hunting season under way. She is two, and the talented one between the two of us. To be honest, I am dead weight but am trying my hardest to get up to speed and do her some justice. Alaska has amazing upland opportunities that requires a little bit of tweaking to the 48's way of doing things, but is spectacular none the less. This year hoping to get as many spruce grouse,rugged grouse, and ptarmangin as the state will allow, and this coming summer, hoping to get the majority of our SH legs under way. I have been fortunate to connect to some great spaniel mentors up here, and I thank god for them! But I love getting advice from as many people as possible and hope I can contribute here eventually. Here's to the season, as of today everything is open!!

walkos5

Re: Hello From Alaska

Post by walkos5 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi there in Alaska,
Sounds like you've got an exciting season planned. I really like grouse hunting too but living in Pennsylvania has presented some challenges in recent years. The population here isn't what it used to be. But if you are willing to cover some ground you can find them. I hunt a Brittany. Monty is just under 3 and making great progress. We will be chasing pheasants and grouse in about 2 weeks. Hope you have a great season.. :)

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 am

Welcome to the board. There are several cocker owners and trainers here. I guess you missed the rule stating, all members from Alaska must attach photos with their posts. I guess it can be overlooked since this is your first post.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 am

Welcome to the board! My nephew recently enlisted in the Air Force and he was hoping for an assignment in AK (and frankly, so was I).

AK is definitely on our bucket list - it sure would be nice to actually hunt there when we finally make it out there!

I don't have the furry smaller brands - but have a mix of dogs; Vizsla, 3 EP's, 2 chessies, a GSP and a pack'o beagles.