Old but New; Vermont but Kansas

Firelight

Old but New; Vermont but Kansas

Post by Firelight » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I've been passionate about bird dogs since my Dad gifted me for my 11th birthday with the pick of a litter he had. I have spent some time in trial saddles, the show ring and hunt tests but mostly I'm just a hunter. I have owned several breeds but for about 20 yrs now I have happily settled in with English Setters that are sort of rev'ed up ryman-types and I breed about a litter a year for the joy of the pups and the folks I meet because of them. In the past couple of years I made some life changes to enable me to hunt more. This year we spent 2 months in MT and are now hunting KS and hope to wrap up in January down in AZ. My heart and history are in Vermont but earlier this year I moved to Kansas. Tall, attractive hunting men will make ya do crazy things ya know. He has 2 French Brits that have won me over and we are picking up a pup this winter. I have begun to really enjoy shooting photos of the dogs while hunting and try to carry a pocket camera with me, I'll try to not bore you all with too many pics. Here are a couple I've taken in the last couple of months.

Pups unhappy about being on the chain gang

1vizsla

Re: Old but New; Vermont but Kansas

Post by 1vizsla » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:01 am

Where in Vermont are you from? My husband is from Jay and now we ended up in Leavenworth KS (military).

Welcome!

Carla

Firelight

Re: Old but New; Vermont but Kansas

Post by Firelight » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Carla, cool to hear that there's at least one more Vermonter out here. I lived mid-state in VT, on the west side. Jay is a beautiful area (although my bias is that except for Burlington, its all beautiful). Do you and your husband hunt out here?