Hello from North Florida!

WolfeMan

Hello from North Florida!

Post by WolfeMan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Hey everybody,

New to the forum and thankful for it! A friend pointed me in this direction when I got a new pup and I am looking forward to getting involved.

A little about me.

Born and raised I. Florida and have been in Tallahassee for the past 18 years. Moved here from the Orlando area (Winter Park) when I graduated HS.

I've owned three labs in my life, the first two came to join our family before I was introduced to hunting and by the time I was into it, they were old dogs not looking to learn new tricks. My wife and I had to put both of them down within about 6 months of one another for differing but dramatic cancer diagnoses. That was a shade over two years ago and we recently were given the opportunity to adopt a beautiful Yellow Lab pup from a local elderly gentleman.

This is Moses.
image.jpg
Named for John Moses Browning. His name also has a biblical connotation - I can think of no one I'd rather follow into the water than Moses...other than maybe JC himself, but I digress.

Moses spent the first 5 months of his life free roaming a big fenced lot with his mom and brother and I've had him for 9 days at this point.

Moses and I are equally new to training for field work and retrieving, but Lord willing I won't mess him up too bad and he'll meet his full potential...which is what leads me to this place.

So, that's about it. Thanks for having me and thanks for having such a wealth of information available in this format.

Take care,

WM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.