Hello from az!

Yuma.Az.Hunter

Hello from az!

Post by Yuma.Az.Hunter » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Hey any fellow southern az hunters? Hopefully that know of some quality bird dog breeders? Haha

skyehunter

Re: Hello from az!

Post by skyehunter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:16 am

I'm from the Phoenix area, I am also Treasurer for the Arizona Pointing Dog Club www.AZPDC.org. We have quite a few breeders in the Club as well as associated with us. This includes our President (Brittany Breeder) and Vice President (GSP) Breeder. I got my 8 month old GSP from them and have been more than happy with her. Maybe I can point you in the right direction. What Breed are you looking for?

Yuma.Az.Hunter

Hello from az!

Post by Yuma.Az.Hunter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:02 am

Hey alright! And honestly, before I got on the forum, I was going to look for a well bred yellow lab and call it a day. But now I don't know. I think the GSP is a little too hyper for me, my sister got one about a year ago (and didn't train the poor pup) and he has so much energy, he's everywhere, pees in the house, and never stops!! But I like the English setters! And the Brits. And funny, my mom is/was (it's complicated) the treasurer for the Yuma kennel club. Does the Azpdc do anything in Yuma?

skyehunter

Re: Hello from az!

Post by skyehunter » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:10 am

Here is a link of the type of events we put on. http://azpdc.org/tools/events.php Typically we do one or two events near Coolidge, (Desert Pheasant Rec) and the rest are in the pines up North during the Summer months. Quite a few of us hunt more south, particularly for Mearns. Our meetings are in central Phoenix once a month. This is a link to our President who breeds nice Brittany's. http://www.remchesterbrittanys.com/ I was on her wait list untill I ran into the opportunity to get a special GSP. Looks like you already got a reference to kninebirddog, who is on this site as well, she puts out some great Britts too. Come visit us some time if you are up this way.