New member from Michigan

dottie

New member from Michigan

Post by dottie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello,
My name is Jerry and I am a new member from Michigan.
I am a complete novice to gun dog training and became a member because was so impressed with the knowledge and experience of the members of this site. I hope to learn more about training.
I am a 70 year old retired high school teacher.
About 3 years ago I rescued a 7 year old Springer. At the time I did not know she/ Dottie had been trained to hunt. I soon became aware that my new friend love to hunt and I was hooked. I loved to watch Dottie work.
I decided to hunt birds again.My last hunting experience had been when I was a teen in the early 1960's....the old days when school was canceled the first day of pheasant season.
I am blind in my "shooting eye" but had a gunsmith manufacture an "extended sight" and have even managed a few birds.
About 6 months I rescued a year old Brittany/ Zippy. I have started to train and hunt with Zip and hope the members on the site can help me in this endeavor.

Pepper

Re: New member from Michigan

Post by Pepper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 pm

My hat is off to you for getting back to our grass roots, that is hunting. :) Here is a virtual hand shake to you. Go out there and have some fun. :) Some of the best memories are from the good old days... 8)

Gooseman07

New member from Michigan

Post by Gooseman07 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:28 am

I'm not sure where exactly you are in Michigan, but I'm sure you already know this, there is a bunch of good bird hunting if you're willing to put in a little time to find them. I haven't experienced it yet, next year I will, but I have been told about it. Good luck with your dogs!! I'm a little sad that I couldn't have experienced those days when school was closed for opening pheasant!