New guy

Pfeffer

New guy

Post by Pfeffer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Hello, all.

Just getting into reading this forum, and already learning lots of good stuff. My name is Marc I live in Birmingham, Alabama and have a 7month old GSP named Shelby. Been working with her with wings, and starting to realize that I need to get some live birds. I plan on building a small pen to keep some quail in for training purposes. However, the only place I could keep it would be in the same fenced in backyard area with my dog. Still looking around for good information, but I'm not sure keeping a quail pen in the same yard as my dog would be good for her. Would she get used to them and not care anymore? Would it be good for her? I just don't know...anyway, that's where I'm at right now.

luvthemud

Re: New guy

Post by luvthemud » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Welcome. I am pretty new here too, but there is a lot of good info to soak in.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Welcome New Guy, I'm an old guy. I don't believe any bird dog gets tired of quail but you are asking for trouble if you leave a quail cage where your dog can get at it.

Pfeffer

Post by Pfeffer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 am

i guess i could fence it off where she couldn't get in there to it. she's mostly supervised when she's outside anyway. we don't leave her out for extended periods of time alone.