Introducing myself

Kris Lehew

Introducing myself

Post by Kris Lehew » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Hello,
My name is Kris Lehew and I am a 36 year old male. I own a construction company in NE Oklahoma. I have been hunting most of my life. I got my first Pointer about 9.5 years ago from a friend and that really trigger my upland hunting interest. I was lucky enough that there were still a decent population of wild birds in our area and I really enjoyed watching my dog work. He is a liver and white who's father was Crow's Little Joe's last pup. He has lived up to his blood lines to say the least. As he grew older I decided that I wanted to continue to quail and pheasant hunt and that I would need another dog at some point. So 3.5 years ago I got a white female with lemon ticked ears. She as well turned out to be a good dog! I finally got her bred to my male late this summer and now have my first litter of Pointers for my kennel. I would like to get my dogs out there more and maybe start to field trial now that I have more time to invest in that. Its also a great time to have a new generation of pups because the bird populations are on the rise here. So that's about all I can think of now.

jfwhit

Re: Introducing myself

Post by jfwhit » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello Kris,
I'm from Oklahoma City. I only have one Brittany trained by Ronnie Smith Jr from Big Cabin. He's two and we are in our second season. I would love to add a pointer. May do that in a few years. I'm 50 with young ones still.

Good luck this year.

Jeff

Kris Lehew

Post by Kris Lehew » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:24 am

Hello Jeff,
I'm originally from Chickasha Ok. I've heard good things about Ronnie Smith! I'm hoping to make it down around there to hunt over the holiday! I've currently got my hands full with these 5 pointer pups! They're at 5 weeks now and being weaned!

Good Luck to you as well this year!

khaselow

Post by khaselow » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:09 am

Hi

Welcome

Kent

Kris Lehew

Post by Kris Lehew » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks, Kent!