New member from SC. Wisconsin

gspman

New member from SC. Wisconsin

Post by gspman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi,
I live in Dane county, Wis (Town of Sun Prairie specifically) on an acre of land split off the family farm.
I have had bird dogs for most of my adult life. The last 5 have been German Shorthair's, My wife and I have rescued all of them.

This past Nov. My last one past on, Mysterious case of renal failure at 11 years of age. (No there was no anti freeze anywhere)

I have a deposit on a GWP breeding.expecting birth early this spring.
Now i have not had a pup in prolly 30+ years. So i decided that i am sure that I will need training advise going forward, so I became a member of this forum.
I have had good success training gsp's that are adults. Suspect that training a pup might be a little different.

The pheasant hunting around home has been turned to complete crap around here as compared to my youth due to habitat destruction and urban sprawl but the grouse hunting up north
at my cabin in Washburn County is pretty good as long as you dodge the wolves running around. Yes the deer hunting up there has taken a complete crap due to the wolves.
My dream is to get out to the Dakota's with a properly trained pointin dog or dogs and have some fun.

khaselow

Re: New member from SC. Wisconsin

Post by khaselow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi

Welcome and good luck with your upcoming pup.

Kent