Me and herc!

Jonjhawk

Me and herc!

Post by Jonjhawk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:59 am

Hello everybody,
A few months ago I got a vizsla puppy and named him Hercules. He is now turning 7 months and the past few months I have been taking him out to fields with thick cover and creeks, socializing him, teaching him commands and just getting him adjusted to everything. The next several months I'm going to begin to start fine tuning his pointing and retrieving skills (he already does both just needs some work). Any tips and and starting points would be great!

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Me and herc!

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Jon,

Check out Perfection Kennel. If you're an amateur trainer, Jon is the greatest to work with. Six of the 10 dogs that made the second series in the Amateur Division at the Vizsla Nationals were Jon's clients (the first three placements 1, 2, and 3 were his client's dogs). He does a great job with the V's (and their owners). They have clinics (which are awesome - I've been to 3) so you can learn tips to train your own dog. They also have a popular DVD set - The Perfect Start and The Perfect Finish.

I have a V that has his MH title and has won a few Bird Hunter United events - he's been a lot of fun to hunt over for the past 11 years - Jon helped me train him.