New Member in WA

Irwinfletcher

New Member in WA

Post by Irwinfletcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:06 am

I've been a member for a while and have been enjoying learning from the many experts here. I decided I should finally introduce myself. I currently live in Washington state. I was introduced to bird hunting by a co-worker but have had a slow go of it with dog training. Have spent most of my bird hunting trips either without a dog or with my german shepherd for company. I'm sure I got many a long stare from other hunters but he had such a strong prey drive he would chase and flush the birds. He just wanted nothing to do with them once they were dead however. I had an AWS for a short time, but we were not able to keep her when we moved a few years ago. I ended up giving her to another hunter who was familiar with her breeder. The wife and I are finally finishing school and I am doing research for a bird dog that will fit my needs. I find I mostly hunt upland game with a little waterfowl mixed in. I want to say thanks in advance for all the expert advice on this forum. It makes a big difference to a novice like me!

greg jacobs

Re: New Member in WA

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Welcome.