New Member From Alabama

DPC874

New Member From Alabama

Post by DPC874 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Hey guys my names Patrick, but most people call me Pat. I've been a fan of the forum for a couple months or so. But just now joined and decided to become a member. The reason for doing so is this coming Saturday I will be going to pick up my new furry friend down in Lousiana. He is a yellow Labrador Retriever but looks "almost" Snow White in color. Will try and post some pics once I get the hang of it. I'm 25 years old this will be my first dog besides chold hood pets and parents dogs. simply put this will be the first dog to raise on my own and train to become a Hoss in waterfowl. I have named this little guy "Beau" (Bo) because of his Cajun roots. He comes from a great pedigree and his dad is a AKC master Hunter so his got it in him. I'm a Business Major from the university of Alabama and I'm currently pursuing my dreams of starting my own business. This past summer I broke my neck In a car accident due to a drunk driver. Almost died twice and my chances of living or recovering was slim. But I fought through it and I am 85-90% recovered and the main reason I'm Getting Beau is to lift my spirits, to have a good Trustworthy dog friend and also a dog that will be a great tool not only when I'm hunting but also he will help me to become more active and recover faster. So I think for both of us it will be a win win. I mainly duck,deer,dove, and turkey hunt. And my main goal is to have my lab be a reliable retriever for me while I'm duck hunting. I've been hunting since I was 10 years old so I know my way around the water and woods quite well but when it comes to puppies and training I am a complete newb! So I'm really going to need some advice! especially on what I should be doing and training him to do until he's 4-5months then he's going to Mississippi to train for a couple months. I will be coming up every other week for a min of 3 days each time so I can be trained as well. I look forward to talking to y'all. This forum seems very knowledgable and I could use the help so maybe one day I could return the favor to someone else! By the way his foot is marked green so I could tell him apart from the litter that day. I picked him out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.