New member from Georgia

SouthernTied

New member from Georgia

Post by SouthernTied » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello all. My name is Will. I'm from around Savannah Georgia. I am pretty new to gun dogs. After plenty of guided trips I decided to jump on in and pick up a GSP. So far so good. 15 weeks old and beyond smart.

greg jacobs

Re: New member from Georgia

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:25 am

Welcome from the hounds and I.

My pup's sire is from your neck of the woods.
Sam from Walnut Hills

GSPONPOINT32

New member from Georgia

Post by GSPONPOINT32 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum.

Im fairly new here as well. My GSP is 10 months and ready for his first season. You will get a lot of advice on here and there are some folks who know what they are doing. Classifieds was a big help to save some money as well.

Enjoy the pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaleP

Post by CaleP » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:56 am

Hi Will. Similar situation here. Sav, GA w 6 month GSP... Been doing basic obedience training. Pretty worried about working off leash because there aren't many places not surrounded by busy roads. Have done a little dove hunting up in Riedsville and will be taking the GSP next fall to see if the genes kick in. Found a little promise on quail up around Augusta at the WMA. Look forward to seeing your progress on the forum.

SouthernTied

Post by SouthernTied » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:51 am

CaleP wrote:Hi Will. Similar situation here. Sav, GA w 6 month GSP... Been doing basic obedience training. Pretty worried about working off leash because there aren't many places not surrounded by busy roads. Have done a little dove hunting up in Riedsville and will be taking the GSP next fall to see if the genes kick in. Found a little promise on quail up around Augusta at the WMA. Look forward to seeing your progress on the forum.

Also picked up a 9 week old chocolate lab. .

I have ran my GSP on live birds in fields around me. He will hold point. Also has the basics down on lease and check cord. Some of which he wworks well without the cord. Retrieves well in water and on land. My roommate runs a kennel so I always have ducks and what not from the hunt tests. If you ever wanna let him work on quail we have wild coveys on the farm.