New member from Durango, CO

gbanker

New member from Durango, CO

Post by gbanker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 am

I started shooting sporting clays a year or so ago and last week I went on my first pheasant hunt. I enjoyed the experience immensely and looking forward to repeating it.

Many years ago I ran a GSP in field trials. Fly fishing is my main hobby at this time and any excuse to be outdoors is great. Joining and interacting on this forum will hopefully help me decide between get a GSP puppy or getting a started or fully trained dog.

Durango is certainly not the center of the pheasant hunting universe so I will be looking to learning where I should go to hunt when my dog and I are ready.

greg jacobs

Re: New member from Durango, CO

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Welcome from the pooches and I.

rsz_20160417_112229-1-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

randomnut

Post by randomnut » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Welcome to the forums! ! Are there any birds available near Durango? I've spent quite a bit of time there over the last few years, and love the area. Would like to bring the dogs if there are birds to hunt.

gbanker

Post by gbanker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:15 pm

randomnut wrote:Welcome to the forums! ! Are there any birds available near Durango? I've spent quite a bit of time there over the last few years, and love the area. Would like to bring the dogs if there are birds to hunt.
Friend of mine takes his Red Setters up into the mountains and gets "some" work on grouse that way. Pheasant, quail, etc. , sorely lacking.

Thanks all for the welcome and expect the questions to come.

Leeza

Post by Leeza » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Don't disregard the fine desert quail hunting just south of you in NM :D