NEW GUY

WILab68

NEW GUY

Post by WILab68 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I tried posting but it seems it didn’t go through. I’m a younger guy, married, active duty type who loves hunting. My wife and I picked up a puppy earlier this year when she started getting baby fever. So Lucy, my current 11 month old female black lab, ha taken up a lot of my spare time. She’s doing great but the biggest issue has been myself learning how to train her in my limited free time. My mother in law and wife actually got me the CGA program for Christmas, so once duck season ends next month I’ll be starting over from square one with Lucy. I’ve lurked for a while on this site and finally broke down to making an account. My end state is to have a well rounded bird dog. I love duck and goose hunting but also like chasing pheasants. Being in sports through high school kept me out of the fields except during our 9 day deer season. But my buddies usually go above and beyond getting me back out chasin birds when I’m home. So once I get Lucy to a workable state then I can put more time in the field hunting over her!

I’m currently stationed in Central TX at Hood, originally from “The Muskie Capital of the World” in WI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg jacobs

Re: NEW GUY

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Welcome. And
Thanks!!! for your Service.