New guy introduction

TurkeyDog

New guy introduction

Post by TurkeyDog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi. My name is Paul and I am new on the GDF. I'm 38 years old, active duty Army, married with three kids. I've been hunting since I was 12. I've fairly new to waterfowl, only about ten years since I started. My passions are turkey hunting and ducks. I have an 11 week old Boykin I hope to train for fall turkey and duck hunting. I joined the forum to get advice from experienced hunters. I have a lab mix that I trained to blood trail deer, but that's the limit of my expertise. My pup is coming along well with sit, stay, here, down, and place. He's sitting and coming to the whistle. That's me and the reasons I joined. Hope to learn from you guys.

setterpoint

Re: New guy introduction

Post by setterpoint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 am

welcome and thanks for your servise to our country iv never trained a dog to turkey hunt but have heard of it but dont limit you and your dog alot of people use there boykin for all kinds of hunting like upland birds rabbit hunting thats the beauty of those little dogs there great at finding game good luck

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am

Interesting. When your Boykin grows up, post pictures of him post-Turkey hunt with game. Or even right now. And if you've got upland birds where you are, don't overlook broadening your hunting experience now that you've got the dog.

We all appreciate military guys around here. Very much.

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Welcome to the forum and let us know how that Boykin works out. Thank you for your service.

TurkeyDog

Post by TurkeyDog » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Here you go. Picture of him now. I'm sure it'll be a while before post turkey pics can be posted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jason Finch

Post by Jason Finch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Hey man, I just saw your post about being new to the forum. I’m new as well and active duty Coast Guard. I have a Boykin that just turned 5 months. Like you I plan to duck hunt with my boy as well. Anyhow, good luck.

Sask hunter

Post by Sask hunter » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Welcome!