Dnepr says hi

DneprM750

Dnepr says hi

Post by DneprM750 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am

Hello everyone!

I joined this forum because, as you all are, I often hunt with my dog. I'm originally from Russia, but my family moved to Seattle in the 90s and I've been living between the two countries since then... and hunting in both of them since I became an American citizen a decade ago! Right now I'm at my grandparents' house, but I still spend most of my time in WA, since I work there.
My dog is a Griffon Vendéen, a French breed that was recommended to me by one of my childhood friends, who has relatives there. She's 7 and her name is Strela, which means "Arrow" in Russian. She's so great that she will sometimes bring a hare or a duck... when I'm going for a walk in the woods without my shotgun!
I usually prefer hunting rabbits and other small forest game like squirrels and wild fowl, but I'm not against discovering new things; for example, 3 years ago, I went on a trip to Texas to hunt wild hogs, and last fall, I was in the north of Russia where I hunted moose with one of my cousins. We wanted to bag a bear as well (because c'mon, you're not a Russian hunter if you don't want to hunt bears :lol: ), but we never got to see one!

In the USA, I hunt with a Remington 870 12ga shotgun (which I use for HD as well) and with a Springfield 1903 when I'm out for big game, and in Russia, I own a Baikal double barrel 12ga shotgun, and two Saigas, one in .410 and one in 12 gauge.

I hope we'll have lots of great hunting tips and stories to share!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Dnepr says hi

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Glad to have you here; let us know if we can ever do anything to help. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

DneprM750

Post by DneprM750 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:29 am

Hi, thanks for the offer, I'll see if I can think of something!

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am

Welcome to the forum.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-