New from MN

Boxerboxer

New from MN

Post by Boxerboxer » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm a brand new dog owner. Scout is a 3 month old labradoodle (mom is standard poodle, dad a golden retriever). I would like to get the basics down first and then get him ready to hunt. I'm primarily interested in pheasant and rabbit due to local availability, and secondary in waterfowl. Hopefully Scout shares my interest :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mnaj_springer

Re: New from MN

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu May 30, 2019 7:14 am

Welcome to the Forum!

There are a lot of good groups in MN that train together that could help you out if you'd like!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Boxerboxer

Post by Boxerboxer » Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Welcome to the Forum!

There are a lot of good groups in MN that train together that could help you out if you'd like!
Thanks for the welcome! I am waiting on an email back from the retriever club that I pass on the way to and from work every day. I'm not sure how much I will hang around this form, since when I made my first post, I didn't know the difference between a gun dog and a retriever :-)

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Thu May 30, 2019 7:53 am

Isn't a cross between a Poodle and Golden called a "Goldendoodle"? A Labradoodle is a cross between a Lab and a Poodle.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

Boxerboxer

Post by Boxerboxer » Thu May 30, 2019 8:00 am

Dakotazeb wrote:Isn't a cross between a Poodle and Golden called a "Goldendoodle"? A Labradoodle is a cross between a Lab and a Poodle.
Yes. Brain fart.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 am

Boxerboxer wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:21 am
mnaj_springer wrote:Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the welcome! I am waiting on an email back from the retriever club that I pass on the way to and from work every day. I'm not sure how much I will hang around this form, since when I made my first post, I didn't know the difference between a gun dog and a retriever :-)

There are a lot of retriever and flushing dog folks who frequent the forum as well, so don't be to worried about that.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.