New Member Intro

Sundance1908

New Member Intro

Post by Sundance1908 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:17 am

Hey All,

Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I'll picking up a male Llewellin setter puppy the first week of March from Hickory Hollow Llewellins in Iowa and this will be the first dog I've trained on my own. I'm sure I'll be seeking advice along the way.

I've grown up hunting since I was 12 for ducks, pheasants, and ruffed grouse. I plan on training the pup for pheasants and grouse.

I'm excited to join this forum and I've already bookmarked many discussions on training!
“A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him.” - Aldo Leopold

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: New Member Intro

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you in your use of the forum.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Meller

Post by Meller » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Welcome! And will be looking forward to pictures. :)

Sundance1908

Post by Sundance1908 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:58 am

Thanks Sharon, I'll be sure and reach out if I have forum questions.

Meller- Oh, there will be pictures! I have a feeling my fiancée will be nothing but photographing for quite a while.
“A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him.” - Aldo Leopold