OLD Guy, New Boykin pup, new member

captjwteal

OLD Guy, New Boykin pup, new member

Post by captjwteal » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:34 pm

Thanks for having me around, I'm 62 yr old male from South Alabama, just retired (semi) and traveling the country alone while doing some work in exchange for camping spots. Currently in Southern Oregon, and will be headed back south mid Oct. I've had a few Labs all trained by me that I hunted with over the years and a couple I actually ran in some HRC trials quite successfully 20+ years ago. For the last 3 years I've been wanting a Boykin Spaniel after shooting some ducks over one many times in the MS Delta. I shoot lots of doves and do some upland hunting in Iowa & Kansas (hoping to do lots more). My 8 week old female “BIRDIE” will arrive out here Sunday after flying x country and I must say I’ve not been this excited about. Dog in 30 years. Look forward to learning from you all.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: OLD Guy, New Boykin pup, new member

Post by Sharon » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are just the kind of new member we enjoy. Let me know if I can ever help you in your use of the forum.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Meller

Re: OLD Guy, New Boykin pup, new member

Post by Meller » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:35 am

Welcome to the forum! :)