Hello from Indiana! New to bird dogs and here to learn

Indianahunter22

Hello from Indiana! New to bird dogs and here to learn

Post by Indianahunter22 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:44 pm

New to the forum here. In the process of buying my first bird dog. I’ve decided on a Brittany Spaniel. I’ll be picking up the pup near the end of February. I’ve owned beagles in the past and used to hunt rabbits and participate in various field trials. I’ve always wanted a bird dog and finally decided to take the leap. I’m here to learn and open to most any suggestions. I’d love to hear from anyone that has experience with Brittany’s. I know the dog I’m getting has a good bloodline and I’m getting it from a reputable breeder. So again hello to everyone!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Hello from Indiana! New to bird dogs and here to learn

Post by Sharon » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:36 am

Welcome to the forum. :) Let me know anytime I can help you in your use of the forum.

(Sounds familiar. I bred and hunted beagles for many years, then made the big jump to a GSP.)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:05 pm

Welcome to the forum, lots of good people and good help here. Prior to getting the pup, I would get accustomed to the search function. A lot of topics have been hashed out over the years and the collection of it all here is a fantastic resource for any dog owner.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:22 am

Welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy hunting with a Brittany. What are you mainly going to hunt?