Hello from Georgia

Dawglover73

Hello from Georgia

Post by Dawglover73 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Hey, I am new here and this site looks great. I have hunted my entire life, and just recently got a Brittany. He is almost five months old, and a handfull. He's been a real treat, though.

I look forward to learning a lot around here and making some good friends!

Thanks for a great site!

Bart

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Bart,

Welcome to GDF!

Best regards, Greg J.

Goosehunterdog

Post by Goosehunterdog » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Bart,
Welcome to the Gun Dog Forums!!!! There are a ton of people here that offer such great advice!!! Join in and have fun!!!!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Welcome Bart,

Glad to have another Brit guy as the GSP guys are trying to take over. What's the pedigree of your pup and where did it come from?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Dawglover73

Post by Dawglover73 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Ezzy, Buster's pedigree is pretty encouraging. I had been looking for a dog for some time but wanted to get the right one at the right time. There is a fine man up in North Georgia named Dr. Dillenger. He was a vet for 30 years, and retired to his farm, where all he does is raise and train Brits and GSP's.

Buster is the boy of Dr. Dillenger's own personal bird dog, and I saw plenty of video and pictures of his daddy at work. He's a great dog. Buster has a good few competition winning pups in his last 7 generations. So I am hoping for great things from him. Of course, it's really up to me, how well he does.

I am very new to training a dog for hunting. So, I am hoping he lives up to his family tradition, as I will need all the help I can get.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:19 pm

If you get a chance put his pedigree on here so we can see it. Sounds like you have some well known dogs in there someplace.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:34 pm

Bart

Welcome to GDF, you can definately get a good education on this board :D

Lab Man

Post by Lab Man » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:47 am

Welcome to the Gun Dog Forum!!!!!!!!

rnbiii

Post by rnbiii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:40 am

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have ya.

What part of Georgia are you from?

Dawglover73

Post by Dawglover73 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:56 pm

I will post his pedigree once I get it scanned. I am being told that I can go pull it up online, but I am not sure where.

Rnbiii, I am from Woodstock, not more than an hour from you in Rome. I graduated from Shorter College up there. That's one of the greatest parts of the state up there where you are.

Walker

Post by Walker » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Small world...... I am in Hiawassee. I have heard good things about Dillenger's dogs. Now I can't remember who told me! :lol:

rnbiii

Post by rnbiii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:11 pm

Dawglover73 wrote: I graduated from Shorter College up there. That's one of the greatest parts of the state up there where you are.
My wife and I actually graduated from Berry, but she now works at Shorter. We are quite happy with the area as well.

hubweims

Post by hubweims » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:44 pm

welcome to gdf

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:51 pm

Dawglover73 wrote:I will post his pedigree once I get it scanned. I am being told that I can go pull it up online, but I am not sure where.

Rnbiii, I am from Woodstock, not more than an hour from you in Rome. I graduated from Shorter College up there. That's one of the greatest parts of the state up there where you are.
I'm from woodstock and work at Shorter now.... Where did you go to HS? I went to Etowah and graduated in 98....

Grant

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:21 pm

Welcome from me and my Brit! My girl is a year now, and still a handfull :lol: lol
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue May 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Welcome aboard Bart!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux