Horse salve question

daniel77

Horse salve question

Post by daniel77 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:10 pm

I've got a friend on another forum who has posed a question nobody seems to know the answer to, so I thought I'd try it here.

He says that he had an accident and dropped a chunk of concrete on his foot years back, and pretty well ripped his toenail off. An old timer, who's since passed away gave him some "horse salve" to put on it, which gave him immediate pain relief. The old timer is no longer around to ask, and he's looking to get some more of this "miracle horse salve" for another problem. He claims that it was clear and purplish with the texture of chapstick. I'm unfamiliar with any such product. Been using Corona on pretty much everything for years, unless it is truly a bad wound needing antibiotics and all that. I don't know of any salves (over the counter) that have pain numbing qualities. Closest thing I could think of is the "purple spray" we put on calves after castrating and de-horning. Anyone know what it might be?

Thanks in advance,
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

tn red

Re: Horse salve question

Post by tn red » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Only thing i can think of off hand is Equi Block thats over otc .Its made with Capsaicin .