Brenda Imus four beat saddle

Blue Briar

Brenda Imus four beat saddle

Post by Blue Briar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 pm

What would be a good price for a slightly used brenda imus four beat saddle? The seller has proclaimed that it has only been used 10 times and is in perfect condition. he paid 1599.00 for it.

Casper

Re: Brenda Imus four beat saddle

Post by Casper » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 am

These saddles are nice comfortable saddles but are, IMO, way over priced. Over the years Brenda Imus has had several different companies manufacture her saddles. With this has led to changes in design and craftsmanship. When she stared her saddles with the Amish the saddles were built with care and precision but as supply and demand increased quality went down. My saddle is one of the last saddles made by the Amish, I bought it used like the one you are looking at. I think I paid $1100 for mine 5 years ago when they sold new for $1300. If you believe it is in new/used condition and can get it for $1000-1200 you probably got a good deal. If you decide its not what you wanted you could always sell it for what you have into it.

FWIW

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:49 pm

http://www.haggissaddles.com/saddles.htm

You can save a bunch of money, just get a Haggis.

Every person that has rode on mine comments how great it is and they gotta get one.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 am

If you want a western saddle, I'd HIGHLY recommend Allegheny Mountain Trail Saddles.

http://trailridingsaddles.com/

They make absolutely GORGEOUS saddles, one at a time, to your specifications, on the tree that will fit your horse for around $1000. He's also started making a trooper saddle AND he field trials (EPs I believe) and judges in the NY area. Good way to support our sport AND get a top quality saddle :D

My saddle of choice is a Haggis also (AMTS JUST started making the trooper or I might have been tempted to get one of them).
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit