I've tossed my hat in...

daniel77

I've tossed my hat in...

Post by daniel77 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 am

and am now making a living as a horsemanship clinician. I've done a couple at the house (one on basic horsemanship, and one on cow work) and will be one of the featured clinicians in the Louisiana Equine Council's Expo and Colt starting challenge. I should have a website up shortly and am seriously considering a video. On the video part, I've got no idea about equipment or production of such a beast, and would greatly appreciate any and all advice that some of ya'll may have to those ends. Thinking that we'll just get our feet wet on youtube and go from there. I'll post up the link once the website is up and running if anyone wants to see some pics.
For entertainment purposes I'll also let ya'll know that my philosophy is sort of, but not entirely, against most of what gets preached these days with all of the "abuse" and "whispering" BS, along with some fun, humor and sarcasm thrown in. I firmly believe that sometimes you have to scream at them. I can't say that I ever really saw too many horses getting anything like abused, although I have seen a few and it does turn my stomach, but now, I ROUTINELY see spoiled and disrespectful horses walking all over their owners and getting petted and hand fed treats while doing it. This too turns my stomach. So far, the reception has been wonderful and I will come back with a link, and really will appreciate any advice on the video thing. BTW, since I am fundamentally opposed to the "Disney version" of horsemanship currently pervasive in the horse industry, I think that ya'll can look for me on an upcoming entrapment episode of 60 minutes.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

daniel77

Re: I've tossed my hat in...

Post by daniel77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 am

Here is the link to my website, which should be up and running by the start of next week. http://dauphinhorsemanship.com/

This is my facebook page if any of ya'll would like to see pics of the clinics. Feel free to friend me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001790801372
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

tn red

Post by tn red » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Good luck in your adventure

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:49 am

Good luck man... nothing like doing something you enjoy.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 am

Good luck to ypou, nice web site. If you need some practice, I have a 10yr old here that was never broke. Feel free to drop in and t5ake him for a ride.
Actually I've been on him a lot. Where to problem comes in is when he is asked to move. I think then the yelling "whoa" in his ear scare's him! :D
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!