I must need a bigger horse.....

jimbo&rooster

I must need a bigger horse.....

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 am

I was asked to bring my little paso(?) mare out to the fairgrounds last week to give a quick demonstration of how a gaited horse should move (not alot of gaited horses around here).

When I was done, I was talking to a couple of the women who run the horse barn with my wife and a couple of parents walked up and pulled the head of the horsemans association aside...... long story short, having never seen a gaited horse these women and their daughters thought I was too big to be riding my horse and thought I was hurting her and she was limping around the course......

Man folks are hard on a guys self esteem! :D

In their defense I am larger than the average american and she deffinately isnt a big horse. :wink:

JIm
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Re: I must need a bigger horse.....

Post by Karen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:16 am

Ugh! I boarded my very well gaited TWH at a very large western pleasure barn for a bit and a little girl asked me what was wrong with my horse. Not a lot of gaited horses around here either.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

gotpointers

Re: I must need a bigger horse.....

Post by gotpointers » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 am

I have the solution, i need to get my 17 hand foxtrotter to a new home. He's just turned 11 and i would swap him for an astro 320 with two collars.