Featherlite Opinions?

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Featherlite Opinions?

Post by PntrRookie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:05 am

This may be "small potatoes" for some of you but I would like to hear any pros/cons, or your personal experience with Featherlite horse trailers. There is a '99, 2 horse bumper pull with walk through tack area that I may go look at. I have little experience with these and just wondering if people like them or not...Thx.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Featherlite Opinions?

Post by Neil » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:15 am

Featherlite is a well respected make, never owned one, but have seen many. They all seemed nice and held up well. I am not knowledgeable to advice what to specifically inspect, beyond the floor, tires, lights, brakes, etc.

If you buy it, first thing have the bearings checked and repackaged, repeated every two years.

I think you will be happy.

Oh, despite the name, they all get heavy when loaded and you might need a weight distribution hitch. Amazon has some good deals with free shipping on Fast way e2 for just over $300 for 10,000 lb.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Featherlite Opinions?

Post by shags » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:04 am

Do a search at the horsetrailerworld site http://horsetrailerworld.com/forum/foru ... ?forumid=2
You ought to find some opinions on the forum. Also, check their 'for sale' section - maybe you can find your model for sale and get an idea of pricing.