venison jerkey

naperdog

venison jerkey

Post by naperdog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Does anyone have a good recipe/way to make jerkey in the oven? my first attempt turned out horrible, and i am now using my 'jerkey' for dog treats. I use the word treats loosly because i don't know that he even really cares for it much :(

vzkennels

Re: venison jerkey

Post by vzkennels » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Here is about a simple recipe you can use.Put a layer of jerky meat in the bottom of a casserole pan,sprinkle with liquid smoke then shake on Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning,continue this process layer afte layer untill jerky meat is used up or dish is full.Cover with seran wrap or aluminum foil & refrigerate overnight then dry it in the oven or dehyderator & enjoy. OBTW if you don't like it send it to ME!! :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: venison jerkey

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Use this as a marinade for the meat and leave it at least 12 hours and then pull it out and put it in a dehydrator.

1 small bottle of liquid smoke or 1/2 a large bottle
1 large bottle of La Choy soy sauce (a bit sweeter and less salty than some other types of soy sauce)
1 small bottle of worchestershire sauce or 1/2 a large bottle
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of onion powder
2 tablespoons of season all salt
2 tablespoons of black pepper
1-2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want it

This recipe is really delicious. I have experimented and tried many different recipes ranging from other peoples homemade recipes to pre-made big store name recipes from Cabelas and Bass Pro and this is my go to recipe and lately is the only recipe I use. It works great with beef as well.