This recipe uses chicken, but you could use just about any lighter flavored bird:
1 48oz jar of Randal's white beans.
1 49 oz can of chicken broth
2 7oz cans green chilis
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or equivalent
1 large sweet onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
1-2 teaspoons cayenne
1. Beans, broth, cumin, oregano and cayenne go in the crock pot.
2. Chop onion and chicken.
3. Oil, onion, chicken, salt, black pepper and garlic powder go into frying pan on medium heat. Cook till chicken is done and onions are soft.
4. Add chicken to crock pot. Simmer till flavors thoroughly combine.
5. Make cornbread with your favorite recipe and enjoy.
1. Might want to add an additional small jar of beans.
2. Consider making with 10 chicken thighs and replace broth. Shred for meat. Leave broth in fridge over night and skim fat off. Use in place of canned broth.