Meat Pie / Pot Pie
Make pie dough for double 10 inch deep dish pie. I used beer and water for the liquid to make the dough.
1 lb. diced meat of your choice
1 large onion diced
2 carrots diced
1 stalk celery diced
½ turnip diced (optional)
2 potatoes diced
½ cup beef broth
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp ground thyme
3 tbls cornstarch
small amount of milk
1. Brown diced meat with vegetables except for potatoes.
2. Add beef broth, potatoes, and spices. Bring to boil till potatoes are done. Add more broth if needed.
3. Mix cornstarch with a little water and add to mixture. Cook till thick. (The mixture should be thick) Taste and adjust spices to taste.
4. Cool then put pie together brushing top with milk.
5. Bake at 425 degrees F. till brown