Tri Tronics Classic 70 holster options....or suggestions??

Coach529

Tri Tronics Classic 70 holster options....or suggestions??

Post by Coach529 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:36 pm

I am using a Pella Bird n' Light strap vest and am looking for ideas on how to carry a Tri Tronics Classic 70 controller. The darn controller is soo bulky, but I hate to buy a new collar just because of that!!

Anybody have an idea how carry it with my straps vest, or some sort of holster that may work!!

Thanks for your help guys!!

pear

Post by pear » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:42 pm

Coach529, I think this will do what you are wanting. "pear"

http://www.lcsupply.com/Product/Trainin ... Vinyl.html
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Coach529

Post by Coach529 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Pear, I already have a holster like that, but I am not able to use it because of the waist belt on the Pella Strap Vest.

Thanks for the suggestion though!!

pear

Post by pear » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Ok your right I wasn't thinking of that... Try this: Cut a section of rope long enough to wear it over one shoulder crossing over to the opposite hip, like a shoulder bag. If it works and you like it then a get a belt of the proper length to hang the same way. Other way might be to affix what you have to one of the upright straps by sewing or riveting it vertically. Might affix temporarily with tape or electrical "zip ties" until you see if this works before making permanent. Hope one of these works. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Hotpepper

New Vest

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm

There is a vest out now with a pocket on each side of the hunting vest to hold securely the transmitter.

Got mine from Cabela's. Very nice and not a lot of money

pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Coach529

Re: New Vest

Post by Coach529 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:39 pm

Hotpepper wrote:There is a vest out now with a pocket on each side of the hunting vest to hold securely the transmitter.

Got mine from Cabela's. Very nice and not a lot of money

pepper
I had one before, but I prefer my new strap vest to it, if I could figure out a good way to carry my controller!!

Springer

Post by Springer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:09 pm

I would think that you could sew a pocket on the pocket for the transmitter and then maybe cut a slit through the flap of the pocket or sew a piece of velcro with the snap on the inside of the pocket. There is really not much holding the transmitter to those vests, but they never seem to get lost for me anyways.

Hotpepper

Vest

Post by Hotpepper » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 am

That is exactly the one that I have and it is great, do not have to worry about the transmitter at all.

Use it everytime.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me