Closing my kennel

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Closing my kennel

Post by cjhills » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 am

Due to some health issues. I am closing my kennel and have some very well bred, family bird dogs I am looking to rehome. I am not concerned about price. Looking for family hunting homes. All dogs are well started on birds, very good on obedience and have know bad habits. All will hold point through the flush. I have videos available of most dogs....Cj

MGIII

Closing my kennel

Post by MGIII » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear about the health issues.
Wish you were closer to AZ so I could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg jacobs

Re: Closing my kennel

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Which dogs?
Last edited by greg jacobs on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

setterpoint

Post by setterpoint » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

I think your in Minnesota, what kind of dogs do you have might know a few guys that would hunt them and treeted them right

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Very sorry to learn of your health challenges. Hope things turn out ok for you.

Up North

Post by Up North » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Jerry sorry to hear this. Hopping all works out for you. If we didn’t have 4 dogs now I would definitely be interested in one of your dogs! Best wishes. Nick

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am

Thank, to every one who replyed. I have placed all the dogs. I plan to.
it will be a new world going from 15 dogs to three.
Just to clarify thinks to anyone who cares; It is age related issues. Not anything life threatening. Doctor appointments come more often. I guess it happens to everybody. It is getting to the point where it is a bit risky to hunt the big areas in the North Central USA alone. Without being able to do that, I cannot do the dogs justice, so,I have to put them wth somebody who can.
I am keeping my one year old Tug X Ava puppy. Might try to get her master. The first perfect dog I ever bred. Also 2 puppies But will probably sell them in the fall.
Thanks to everybody who replied. It was overwhelming.
Thanks to all the people who are hunting over Autumnfire Dogs. We always strived breed a better bird dog. Thev only time I feel real good is when I am in the with the dogs. I really had hoped to find somebody to continue my kennel. Just never found anyone that had the desire to make it their life. Couldn't a training partner because they say I never want to quit. Thanks, It has been a great experience.....Cj
PS. I have enjoyed my time on the forum. Even though I never understood how some people could be so insulting to people the done know. My training is different than Yours. Who cares. It works for me

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am

Sounds like your tough decision made for some very happy families and dogs. Glad to hear you are still in the game and working on that special pup. Cheers!

Garrison

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Relieved to learn that you're not facing serious health issues.

I'll be in a similar situation before much longer. Only 58 and have tried to take care of myself but neuropathy is slowly taking away my ability to spend long periods of time on my feet. Leaning towards starting one last pup in the hope that it will keep me going longer, but then I worry that it might be less than fair to the pup as I may eventually not be able to spend as much with it in the field as it deserves. Fortunately I have a couple of good son-in-laws who I suspect would be willing to take over for me if need be. Working with and hunting behind bird dogs has been a very enjoyable part of my life and I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Not sure I ever will be. Sucks to get old. My advice to you younger guys is to remember to enjoy each day in the field, and don't take them for granted.

CJ, I've enjoyed and appreciated your contributions to the forum and sure hope that you will continue to participate. You've made it better than it would have otherwise been. Best of luck to you.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks Ckirsch. I really appreciate that.
Something we all have to face. When you have a lot of dogs you have to be very careful not to stay in it too long. you don't want to get to where you can't take care of them or have sell. Some people you think are friends aren't. The next thing you know some animal rescue has them. My mind says you can do it. My legs say no you can't. First time I ever had fat dogs.
I will likely stir things up a little when winter gets here......Cj

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Glad to hear that generally all is well. Thought you cut back a few years ago. 15 doesn't sound like cutting back. Sounds like numbers crept back up. Now that's a for real dog person.