Old People aren't all bad.

levi

Re: Old People aren't all bad.

Post by levi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Rdfhunter wrote:
levi wrote:
Rdfhunter wrote:You have got to be kidding
Old ppl bitch when you use your dept card to buy lunch

Old ppl bitch that they are going the speed limit in the left lane so you should go around on the right

Old ppl bitch when I'm on my cell driving even though they're watching everybody else & not the road in front of them

Ect ect
I hope my dogs see you in the field so they can bite your "bleep" or is that your face? Most guys that have a dog like you are missing something between their legs. So they have to compenstate for their shortcomings. Shorty!
BTW who in there right mind is taking this thtread serious? Like everything, there are good one & bad ones. Just because a man is 75 does'nt mean he saved a bus full of children or a cat from a tree.
You must be full of hate.May god bless you

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:42 pm

levi wrote: You must be full of hate.May god bless you
You revive a year old thread to tell someone else they are full of hate? Pot meet kettle. :roll:

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Rdfhunter wrote:You have got to be kidding
Old ppl bitch when you use your dept card to buy lunch

Old ppl bitch that they are going the speed limit in the left lane so you should go around on the right

Old ppl bitch when I'm on my cell driving even though they're watching everybody else & not the road in front of them

Ect ect
Rdhunter, When you look at us old people you are looking at your future!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Get ready young'un.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Isn't that the truth
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

tommyboy72 wrote: What do you think Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, assisted living programs that are age based, and utility company programs that offset bills based on age are? Are they not government programs to assist the elderly?

Just making a point.
I have paid a portion of MY salary into Medicare since it's inception.
I have paid a portion of MY salary into Social Security since i was 15 years old.
I have never had the need to use Medicaid or Assisted Living and our Utility Company doesn't offer any age related discounts.

I just blew your point apart.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:08 am

Del Lolo wrote:
tommyboy72 wrote: What do you think Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, assisted living programs that are age based, and utility company programs that offset bills based on age are? Are they not government programs to assist the elderly?

Just making a point.
I have paid a portion of MY salary into Social Security since i was 15 years old.
I have never had the need to use Medicaid or Assisted Living and our Utility Company doesn't offer any age related discounts.

+1 here. I'm nearly 70 now and have never taken an assisted living payment. I do take my SS and Medicare, which I have paid for about 50 years. It's mine. I put it in that account and I want to draw on it. The problem with SS is all the lieing young people on SS claiming false disabilities and free loaders working the system. Or immigrants to this country that haven't paid a cent into it.

If you don't like old guys, that's fine. May your diapers leak some day and your Proctologist have fat fingers. :D
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

jack the dog

Post by jack the dog » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:58 am

Every bold young pup will be an old dog some day. I just hope that he turns out to be a wise old dog.

We all wish we could stay young, but that is not going to happen.
I'm no brain surgeon, but when I look back decades ago when I was twenty and thought I knew everything, I now realize how stupid I must have looked to the old guys then.
Ten feet tall and bullet proof I was, me and my pals. I left two of my school pals in pieces in Vietnam, another one was killed in prison, and one was killed in a bad drug deal, just buried one the other day died of lung cancer, from smoking cigarettes in his youth.
I could go on, but you know the story. None of us were ever ten feet tall and bullet proof, and we get smarter with age, just a fact. Life will educate you.
So you young guys enjoy your youth and your young friends, that will all shift soon enough. Don't despise us for being old and in your way. You will be old and in someone's way before you know it.
Happy day to all.
Let me always be the person my dog thinks I am.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:20 pm

If you don't like old guys, that's fine. May your diapers leak some day and your Proctologist have fat fingers.
And the day probably will come! :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm

I have always thought getting old was better than the alternative but listening to some of the younger folks it sounds like maybe I am wrong.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

DoubleBarrel GunDogs

Post by DoubleBarrel GunDogs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Most of my favorite hunting partners are between 15 - 30 years older than I am. I hope this will instill a solid respect and appreciation for elders in my 8 year old son. This thread appears to be full of bitterness and resent for elderly folks. Unfortunately for you posters who blatantly reveal this lack of respect, you just don't get it. By the time you do get it, you'll be the old man in the hunting party. That is if anyone will even be obliged to hunt with you.

Nate

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:43 am

Steve007 wrote:
campgsp wrote: not all older folks are right. A majority are but there is always one in the crowd that's still a know it all. 8)

Why does everyone here always pick on Joe Biden? :wink:
'Cause Pelosi is passed being old and is now senile. Besides, Joe is funny just to look at. I think Joe is probably a nice guy to have a beer with.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:52 am

I think Joe is probably a nice guy to have a beer with.
I bet he is good with a shotgun too.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Where are all these handouts?! Being 26 I must fall into the young category, but I still havent seen these handouts everyone speaks of! I must be bad at being lazy.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:54 pm

There is nothing wrong in being 26 and understand that there is a hole lot of experience that has not been gain yet.
I still think or believe that the folks in the big World War 2 are the greatest generation ever lived. Food for thought on my part and my opinion of course.... :)

LarryH

Post by LarryH » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:29 am

When I was 18 I thought I knew it all.
When I was 30 I realized I didn't.
When I was 40 I was looking for answers.
When I was 50 I found a few.
Now at 55 I'm still learning each day.
Looking forward to 80 when I can say...
"I've had a good life all the way"...
God Bless You All.
LH

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 pm

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.
Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277
(1953)."
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 pm

DougB wrote:"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L.
Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277
(1953)."
Thank you for this! Human nature changes so little over time, including the narcissistic ideal of moral supremacy over other generations. That is why history repeats itself.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:
Del Lolo wrote:

Just making a point.

+1 here. I'm nearly 70 now and have never taken an assisted living payment. I do take my SS and Medicare, which I have paid for about 50 years. It's mine. I put it in that account and I want to draw on it. The problem with SS is all the lieing young people on SS claiming false disabilities and free loaders working the system. Or immigrants to this country that haven't paid a cent into it.

If you don't like old guys, that's fine. May your diapers leak some day and your Proctologist have fat fingers. :D
LOL...or she has long finger nails. Lets not forgot the exam after 55 that may require rotor-rooter if they find something. :)

Elmer

Post by Elmer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:17 pm

When I was young, the old people were the generation that raised their kids in the Depression, somehow, and ran the farms and factories by themselves in their 40s and 50s while 8 million young men went off to fight Tojo and Hitler. Later, the old were that bunch raised with nothing but home made toys in the Depression and who got WWII for their high school graduation. I and my generation have had a pretty cushy run, but we have pretty well shaped the world we see now, good or ill (and I'm afraid in the main it is ill). I hope we haven't screwed up too much for our grandkids.

Old or young, sniveling makes you look weak. You can pretend weakness for short term gain, but in the long run it destroys you.
If the dogs make you nervous, I can shut you in the back room.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Elmer wrote:When I was young, the old people were the generation that raised their kids in the Depression, somehow, and ran the farms and factories by themselves in their 40s and 50s while 8 million young men went off to fight Tojo and Hitler. Later, the old were that bunch raised with nothing but home made toys in the Depression and who got WWII for their high school graduation. I and my generation have had a pretty cushy run, but we have pretty well shaped the world we see now, good or ill (and I'm afraid in the main it is ill). I hope we haven't screwed up too much for our grandkids.

Old or young, sniveling makes you look weak. You can pretend weakness for short term gain, but in the long run it destroys you.
I have the deepest respect for you sir. 8)
I might also add the women folk during WWII working in the factories building tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, six packs, browning 50 cal., 30 cal., MI grand and various rifles and pistols, bombers and fighters, and victory ships to name a few to support the war with very long hours.
I have deepest respect for them as well. I believe we will never see that again because of the nuclear age.
IMO :)

Edit to post: I am second generation. My dad was in the Korean War and I was in the Vietnam campaign. My middle daughter is third generation that served Afghanistan. She is now in Alaska and can’t tell me what she is doing and I am not going to speculate. :!:
Last edited by Pepper on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Pepper wrote:
Elmer wrote:When I was young, the old people were the generation that raised their kids in the Depression, somehow, and ran the farms and factories by themselves in their 40s and 50s while 8 million young men went off to fight Tojo and Hitler. Later, the old were that bunch raised with nothing but home made toys in the Depression and who got WWII for their high school graduation. I and my generation have had a pretty cushy run, but we have pretty well shaped the world we see now, good or ill (and I'm afraid in the main it is ill). I hope we haven't screwed up too much for our grandkids.

I have the deepest respect for you sir. 8)
I might also add the women folk during WWII working in the factories building tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, six packs, browning 50 cal., 30 cal., MI grand and various rifles and pistols, bombers and fighters, and victory ships to name a few to support the war with very long hours.
I have deepest respect for them as well. I believe we will never see that again because of the nuclear age.
IMO :)
Might I ask, see what again?

Women in the workplace? People banding together to support a cause they believe in? Or factories in the US?

Just curious...

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Please think about it. :wink:
I got censored.
Edit to post: This is probably my last post on this forum.
Cheers to all.
Last edited by Pepper on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:57 pm

i don't make a habit of assuming... That's why I asked.