Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

Identifying the Enemy

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Timewise65 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:30 pm

I recently reviewed the following article. Since it was based on Governmental data and the report is provided by the Federal Reserve Band of St. Louis and this data is updated and charted on a quarterly basis. It is probably one of the best ways we can track the reality of Obamas Economy. This article was written by JEROME R CORSI, TITLED, OBAMA'S LATEST FRAUD: 'ECONOMIC RECOVERY' DISPROVEN IN JUST 9 CHARTS, Published: 03/21/2016 at 9:24 PM. Ref. link provided below…note charts were not include to save space, by following the link below you can see these graphs that show the dramatic impact of a failing economy…in all its glory!

NEW YORK – The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis updates quarterly a set of easy-to-understand charts that demonstrate how Obamanomics, the economic policies of the Obama administration, have failed to produce real economic benefits for the American people.

Food stamps
Under President Obama, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, commonly known as the “Food Stamps” program, has grown from $54.8 billion in 2009 to $69.4 billion in 2014.

Federal debt
The federal debt is projected to nearly double under President Obama, with the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis chart showing it has increased from $11.1 trillion in the first quarter 2009 to $18.9 trillion in the fourth quarter 2015.

Money printing
While Quantitative Easing, the Federal Reserve policy of printing money to buy U.S. Treasury Department-issued government debt, known among economists as QE, began under President George W. Bush, it took off under President Obama.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis chart shows the adjusted monetary base of the United States rose from $1.772 trillion on Jan. 14, 2009, to $3.996 trillion as of March 16, 2016.

Health insurance costs
Despite Obama’s promises that the implementation of Obamacare would lower health-care costs, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis chart shows the Consumer Price Index, CPI, for medical care services has continued a straight-line increase since the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

Labor-force participation
The labor-force participation rate has fallen consistently under the Obama administration as an increasing percentage of those out of work and looking for work simply give up and quit looking. The labor-force participation rate has dropped from 65.7 percent in January 2009 to 62.9 percent in February 2016.

Summary
In May 2014, it was reported that the Bureau of Labor Administration in the Obama administration had implemented a policy of making unemployment percentages look artificially low by increasing the number of workers considered no longer in the work force.

In April 2014, nearly 93 million Americans were considered out of the labor force. According to John Williams, an economist known for arguing the government reports manipulate “shadow statistics” of economic data for political purposes, drops in the unemployment rate as reported by the BLS have become virtually meaningless.
“The broad economic outlook has not changed, despite the heavily-distorted numbers that continue to be published by the Bureau of Labor statistics (BLS),” Williams writes in his subscription newsletter on ShadowStats.com. “The unemployment rates have not dropped from peak levels due to a surge in hiring; instead, they generally have dropped because of discouraged workers being eliminated from headline labor-force accounting.”
The index has dropped from a peak of 103.605 in the first quarter 2007, under President George W. Bush, to 99.350 in the fourth quarter 2015, under President Obama.

Median family income
Real median household income in the United States has declined from a height of $57,357 in 2007 under President George W. Bush to $53,657 in 2014 under President Obama. Americans earned less on average 6.5% less than they did seven years prior.
The home-ownership rate has declined from 67.4 percent in 2009 to 63.7 in the second quarter 2015. On July 28, 2015, the Wall Street Journal reported that the rate of home ownership in the second quarter 2015 hit a 48-year low, reflecting the reality that fewer middle class Americans can afford to buy a home. Under Obama, an increasing number of Americans are living in rented homes, with the American dream of owning a home no longer an economic reality.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/obamas-econo ... OXmCbSe.99
http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/obamas-econo ... OXmCbSe.99
Timewise65
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 pm

After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:45 pm

JEROME R CORSI is a birther, a man who writes for WND, a well respected non biased :roll: source of dreck regarding black presidents. Granted, you cited a source. Now find one who is reliable.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mask » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:46 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...

And neither are you.
mask
Rank: 2X Champion
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Idaho

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:57 pm

mask wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...

And neither are you.


Typical insultive BS when a point is refuted. It's an ORT (Old Republican Trick).
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:08 pm

mask wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...

And neither are you.


We have now reached the "I'm rubber, you're glue" stage of logic and debate. Wow.

Facts from the govt databases rejected, expert sources denied, personal witness statements ignored, personal observations filtered through rosy glasses. If Trump wins, I hope to God he does a good job. My fear is he throws a tantrum, starts WW3, and his stance on gun control changes to guns only for him and his palace guard. Or he gets involved in negotiations with an important trade partner like China, and they cut off our supply of lithium-no batteries. Or he decides to renegotiate something, runs into legal restrictions, and tries to fire the government.

His father was the business genius. Trump, when getting away from Dads core business, has left a trail of broken business, hurt a lot of creditors, and left tradesmen looking for their pay. It's documented.

Trump eventually found himself in serious financial trouble. In 1990, due to excessive leveraging, The Trump Organization revealed that it was $5 billion in debt ($8.8 billion by some estimates), with $1 billion personally guaranteed by Trump himself. The survival of the company was made possible only by a bailout pact agreed upon in August of that same year by some 70 banks, allowing Trump to defer on nearly $1 billion in debt, as well as to take out second and third mortgages on almost all of his properties.
http://www.faireconomy.org/the_self_made_myth_infographic.

Bankruptcies, once or twice, but 4 times. Plus a bailout.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby ezzy333 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:19 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
mask wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...

And neither are you.


Typical insultive BS when a point is refuted. It's an ORT (Old Republican Trick).


I believe you springer are following the liberal path to a tee. You have learned well as that is the path the Clintons and Obams have used as well as most of the Democrats. When you can't refute something just blame the messenger. doesn't that sound like Hillary and Bill during the bimbo eruptions, Hillary on Bengasi, Obama on the economy, it never ends but it sure does stop any validity to further arguments. Lets change the subject to something more positive, like telling us all of the good things Hillary has done and maybe even her resume. We have already decided Trump has nothing to offer so let's discuss Hillary, our savior.
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16504
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Max2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
mask wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:After some research it seems Walter John Williams is not much of a source...

And neither are you.


Typical insultive BS when a point is refuted. It's an ORT (Old Republican Trick).

I wouldn't look at it as an "ort" but rather someone just trying to show you the err of your opinion...
I am with Ezzy lets change the subject say to gun control. How do you feel about the dem's stance on gun control.
mnaj not knowing you but I like you . I just cannot agree with you. and it's not an ort
Max2
Rank: 2X Champion
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm
Location: Oneonta NY

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
I believe you springer are following the liberal path to a tee. You have learned well as that is the path the Clintons and Obams have used as well as most of the Democrats. When you can't refute something just blame the messenger. doesn't that sound like Hillary and Bill during the bimbo eruptions, Hillary on Bengasi, Obama on the economy, it never ends but it sure does stop any validity to further arguments. Lets change the subject to something more positive, like telling us all of the good things Hillary has done and maybe even her resume. We have already decided Trump has nothing to offer so let's discuss Hillary, our savior.


When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.

Speaking of birther nonsense, whatever happened to the Donald's "trust me it's huge" reveal about Obama's birth certificate?
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Max, I'll talk about gun control. I think there are some crazy democrats out there who wouldn't hesitate to make guns the most difficult commodity to buy. Others are more reasonable. I'd say I've been mostly on board with democratic governor from my state.

But I'll do what I always do and voice my opinion to lawmakers when I feel rights are being infringed on. The lawmakers are the key to new laws, in my opinion. It worked with Obama in office.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Ezzy, I didn't blame the messenger... But when someone claims there is a conspiracy (I'm talking about Williams) then it's worth questioning and looking into. No blame. Just did some due diligence.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby ezzy333 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:39 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
I believe you springer are following the liberal path to a tee. You have learned well as that is the path the Clintons and Obams have used as well as most of the Democrats. When you can't refute something just blame the messenger. doesn't that sound like Hillary and Bill during the bimbo eruptions, Hillary on Bengasi, Obama on the economy, it never ends but it sure does stop any validity to further arguments. Lets change the subject to something more positive, like telling us all of the good things Hillary has done and maybe even her resume. We have already decided Trump has nothing to offer so let's discuss Hillary, our savior.


When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.Speaking of birther nonsense, whatever happened to the Donald's "trust me it's huge" reveal about Obama's birth certificate?



So let me understand this, since you have no facts but you don't believe the birther, you won't even consider anything else he writes even when it is just reporting government statistics. So that means that since you think Hillary is a better person and I can plainly see she isn't, that gives us all the right to ignore anything else you say. Sounds logical to me.
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16504
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:55 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
I believe you springer are following the liberal path to a tee. You have learned well as that is the path the Clintons and Obams have used as well as most of the Democrats. When you can't refute something just blame the messenger. doesn't that sound like Hillary and Bill during the bimbo eruptions, Hillary on Bengasi, Obama on the economy, it never ends but it sure does stop any validity to further arguments. Lets change the subject to something more positive, like telling us all of the good things Hillary has done and maybe even her resume. We have already decided Trump has nothing to offer so let's discuss Hillary, our savior.


When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.Speaking of birther nonsense, whatever happened to the Donald's "trust me it's huge" reveal about Obama's birth certificate?



So let me understand this, since you have no facts but you don't believe the birther, you won't even consider anything else he writes even when it is just reporting government statistics. So that means that since you think Hillary is a better person and I can plainly see she isn't, that gives us all the right to ignore anything else you say. Sounds logical to me.


He's baised source using arbitrary start and end points. It's enough to discredit what he wrote. The article was written 4thQ of 2015, he ignored quarters of the most recent data.

And yes, if you went around for years proudly carrying the banner of idiocy (eg. Britherism), I'd ignore just about everything else you wrote as well because, at best, you've proven to be incapable of rational thought. However, more likely it just means that Corsi is a xenophobic racist pos that can't and won't accept that a black man took the white man's job as president.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Spy Car » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 pm

d/p
Last edited by Spy Car on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Spy Car
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Spy Car » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Spy Car wrote:For me the most salient point made in this entire thread was made in a post by (the life-long Republican) AAA Gundogs:

Trump is everything that I was raised not to be as a person and as a businessman.


I feel the same way. I don't know any honorable parent, be they Republican's or Democrats, that would want their children to emulate the lack of character displayed by Donald Trump.

He is an embarrassment to our nation.

Bill
User avatar
Spy Car
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby greg jacobs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:45 am

Noticed Hillary went to the 100,000 a plate fundraiser by the Rothchilds. Rockefellers offered a suit of offices free of charge
"No strings attached" yup like I said bought and paid for by the people that call the shots.
User avatar
greg jacobs
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 am
Location: selah washington

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Timewise65 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:13 am

[quote="AAA Gundogs"][quote="ezzy333"]

I
When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.

You Liberals are comical! The primary source for the DATA presented in my last post was noted as the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis! If you had taken the time to look at the charts you would have noticed that each chart is annotated and the information is from the Government Data and is updated every quarter....

You pretty much prove my original point, that when presented with pure facts that cannot be disputed, Liberals.... simply disregard the obvious.....look at the charts and data using the links I provided....Obama's Economy continues to fail and you can look at updated charts every quarter.....if you drill down on the real data that is just below the crap Obama's Liberal Media uses to cover up his ongoing failure, you will intellectual have to accept the complete failure of Obama's Economy!
Timewise65
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:38 am

Timewise65 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
I
When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.

You Liberals are comical! The primary source for the DATA presented in my last post was noted as the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis! If you had taken the time to look at the charts you would have noticed that each chart is annotated and the information is from the Government Data and is updated every quarter....

You pretty much prove my original point, that when presented with pure facts that cannot be disputed, Liberals.... simply disregard the obvious.....look at the charts and data using the links I provided....Obama's Economy continues to fail and you can look at updated charts every quarter.....if you drill down on the real data that is just below the crap Obama's Liberal Media uses to cover up his ongoing failure, you will intellectual have to accept the complete failure of Obama's Economy!


I'm going to be as polite as I can be under the circumstances but your point is nonexistent and the article is an exercise in idiocy written by a birther idiot.

At best, he's cherry picking data. For example, in his section on median income, which was the one that made me discard any thought that it was going to be credible before even figuring out that he was a birther, the article was published end of Q1 2016 but his cherry picked data was comparing 2008 to 2014. Why was he 4 quarters behind in that data point? If 2015 made his case better, he would have included it. How do I know? Because he uses 2015 data elsewhere. It's a miss mash of data points.

It's a propoganda piece written by an intellectually dishonest birther. It comes as close to fact as the Lord of the Rings.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:04 am

Timewise65 wrote:
[/b]You pretty much prove my original point, that when presented with pure facts that cannot be disputed, Liberals.... simply disregard the obvious.....look at the charts and data using the links I provided....Obama's Economy continues to fail and you can look at updated charts every quarter.....if you drill down on the real data that is just below the crap Obama's Liberal Media uses to cover up his ongoing failure, you will intellectual have to accept the complete failure of Obama's Economy!


Wait, no. This was my point... Directed at you. What?
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby jetjockey » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:17 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
I
When a person is creating premises, especially based upon arbitrary start and end points, the person's credibility is important because I'm not going to spend the time nor effort to look at the data to determine if a known wacko's premises are true

In this example, since he's a birther, I don't have.to do an ounce of research to write it off as garbage. It gets the same chance of being credible as an article written by the imperial grand poohbah of the kkk on the intelligence of races or a big tobacco report on the health effects of smoking or big oil's report on the effects of leaded gas on the environment.

You Liberals are comical! The primary source for the DATA presented in my last post was noted as the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis! If you had taken the time to look at the charts you would have noticed that each chart is annotated and the information is from the Government Data and is updated every quarter....

You pretty much prove my original point, that when presented with pure facts that cannot be disputed, Liberals.... simply disregard the obvious.....look at the charts and data using the links I provided....Obama's Economy continues to fail and you can look at updated charts every quarter.....if you drill down on the real data that is just below the crap Obama's Liberal Media uses to cover up his ongoing failure, you will intellectual have to accept the complete failure of Obama's Economy!


I'm going to be as polite as I can be under the circumstances but your point is nonexistent and the article is an exercise in idiocy written by a birther idiot.

At best, he's cherry picking data. For example, in his section on median income, which was the one that made me discard any thought that it was going to be credible before even figuring out that he was a birther, the article was published end of Q1 2016 but his cherry picked data was comparing 2008 to 2014. Why was he 4 quarters behind in that data point? If 2015 made his case better, he would have included it. How do I know? Because he uses 2015 data elsewhere. It's a miss mash of data points.

It's a propoganda piece written by an intellectually dishonest birther. It comes as close to fact as the Lord of the Rings.[/quote]


Exactly!! Anyone who argues the decreasing Labor Force participation rate, yet doesn't understand how it is related to average annual earnings, is lying to the uneducated public hoping they will bite off. Timeweiss obviously bit off without any understanding of how the two are related. Pretty sad considering he's supposidely taken graduate level Econ classes. Every single one if his arguing points are easy to dispel with even a basic level of economics knowledge, u fortunately he doesn't seem to posses that simple knowledge..... But I'll help him out. LFPR began to rise about the same time Americans earnings began to stagnate (roughly about the time Reagan became POTUS). The reason that occurred was because Americans had to work harder to make the same amount of money, so spouses (typically women) began to enter the work force, thus driving up the LFPR. If you adjusted average annual household income in the US with inflation only, we should have an annual income of about $92k per year. American wages began to really stagnate when "trickle down economics" became the rally cry if the GOP. We now know that trickle down economics from Reagan has been a miserable failure, and single income households have now become dual income households just to keep their heads above water. That has taken the moms out of he homes and forced children to be raised by outsiders (people other than Mom and Dad), which had lead to some of the problems we now see in society! The other thing Timeweiss doesn't understand is that due to record highs in the stock market, 10,000 baby boomers are leaving the workforce every day because they are now able to retire. That wasn't happening early on in the Obama administration because 401k's had taken huge hits and Booners couldn't afford to retire. Now they can! So, what Timeweiss doesn't understand is that a high LFPR isn't necessarily a positive economic sign. In fact, as wages continue to rise, you will probably see the LFPR decrease even more as many Moms can afford to stay home and raise the kids instead of working, thus lowering the LFPR.
jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby greg jacobs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:23 pm

I notice that in Hillary's emails that she is in tight and being supported by some of the so called elites of the world. Many of these supporting a new world order. Why do they support her and where does she stand on a new world order.
Notice all you liberals are willing to thrash Trump but don't want to talk about Hillary.
User avatar
greg jacobs
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:04 am
Location: selah washington

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:29 pm

greg jacobs wrote:I notice that in Hillary's emails that she is in tight and being supported by some of the so called elites of the world. Many of these supporting a new world order. Why do they support her and where does she stand on a new world order.
Notice all you liberals are willing to thrash Trump but don't want to talk about Hillary.


Which liberals are you referring to?
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Ouzel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Really great stuff! This thread has been really educational. Not much substantive information from the right but sure lots of vitriol to sink your teeth into. If this were a debate on facts the left would win hands down. Still, I don't see anybody interested in facts since it seems all of our minds are already made up.

I continue to be shocked, however, that there is no mention of global warming from Republicans, yet the Democratic platform sees climate change as a serious threat to the planet and vows to fight it. How can that be? What do Republicans think about global warming?

And, I'm still waiting to see if Ezzzy is getting social security benefits (which began under democrat president FDR), or whether he's enrolled for Medicare benefits (which began under democratic president Lyndon Johnson) or if he has ever received unemployment benefits (also from FDR)? What say, Ezzy?
Ouzel
Rank: Junior Hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby ckirsch » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:32 pm

I guess since Ezzy was forced to pay into those programs for most of his life, there'd be no shame in his benefiting from them. He also put his life on the line for the country in Korea, so in my book he's entitled to everything he has coming, and then some. I'll accept my social security payments when I'm eligible, as I paid both ends of it for thirty years while self-employed, but I'd much rather have not been forced to pay anything in, and allowed to make my own investments for retirement. The program will likely be insolvent by the time I'm old enough to benefit from it, or I'll be told that since I worked hard, lived below my means, and saved enough on my own, I don't deserve any of those dollars withheld from me for the past thirty or so years, and they'll be given to someone else.

Just curious, how do you feel about the long-term viability of Social Security and Medicare? You seem to tout those programs as examples of the wisdom and foresight of Democratic presidents, when they'll both soon be underwater, and contribute significantly to the debt that our kids and grandkids will inherit. While campaigning for his first term, Obama called Bush out, justifiably, for the amount of debt created under his watch, then ran up far more during his eight years. He claimed Bush was "unpatriotic". What does that make Obama? Does that give you pause?

Also, do Democrats share any concern about the national debt? You claim those of us on the right have no grasp of the facts, but is it not true that at the end of his second term, Obama will have accrued as much debt as all previous administrations combined?
ckirsch
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:46 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby cjhills » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm

ckirsch wrote:I guess since Ezzy was forced to pay into those programs for most of his life, there'd be no shame in his benefiting from them. He also put his life on the line for the country in Korea, so in my book he's entitled to everything he has coming, and then some. I'll accept my social security payments when I'm eligible, as I paid both ends of it for thirty years while self-employed, but I'd much rather have not been forced to pay anything in, and allowed to make my own investments for retirement. The program will likely be insolvent by the time I'm old enough to benefit from it, or I'll be told that since I worked hard, lived below my means, and saved enough on my own, I don't deserve any of those dollars withheld from me for the past thirty or so years, and they'll be given to someone else.

Just curious, how do you feel about the long-term viability of Social Security and Medicare? You seem to tout those programs as examples of the wisdom and foresight of Democratic presidents, when they'll both soon be underwater, and contribute significantly to the debt that our kids and grandkids will inherit. While campaigning for his first term, Obama called Bush out, justifiably, for the amount of debt created under his watch, then ran up far more during his eight years. He claimed Bush was "unpatriotic". What does that make Obama? Does that give you pause?

Also, do Democrats share any concern about the national debt? You claim those of us on the right have no grasp of the facts, but is it not true that at the end of his second term, Obama will have accrued as much debt as all previous administrations combined?

I am sure you have facts to back up your statement. You are aware that the republicans controlled both the house and senate so how did Obama pass accrue so much debt.
Actually, I too payed all my SS for forty years. That did not exclude me from making investments on my own
Have you seen Trump's service record. There was a draft in those days which he dodged With three college deferments and and then was declared physically unfit.
Did you see him attack the Gold Star Muslim Mother, who stood beside her husband, because she did not talk. Did you see him insult her husband asking who wrote his speech and comparing his work sacrifices with losing a son. Is this really what you want in a president.
I do purely wish Hillary would not have used the private e-mail server. But the fact is everybody in the state department knew she was using it. She did not try to hide it. People make mistakes but they also learn from their mistakes. If you don't do anything you don't make mistakes. At least it proves she was working..........Cj
cjhills
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Short except from a letter regarding social programs

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group of course that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few other Texas oil millionaires and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”

― Dwight D. Eisenhower
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:36 pm

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/ ... -accurate/

At the request of some I began trying to find news sources that weren't "liberal." So I found this conservative blog. Thank you for helping me broaden my horizons.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:38 pm

ckirsch wrote:Also, do Democrats share any concern about the national debt? You claim those of us on the right have no grasp of the facts


Obama increased debt by 1.7x (hasn't doubled). Take out the war and, one could argue, it's been the best financial stewardship in near 50 years.

W increased debt by 2.3x (more than doubled).

HW increased debt, in 4 years, 1.5x

Reagan increased debt 3x (tripled).

The financial times did estimates of both hillary's and donald's proposals;

Hillary would increase debt by 1.7x while Donald would clock in at near Reagan numbers increase by 2.8x.

It's the biggest problem that I have with the Republican party. They're fiscally conservative in name only.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Ouzel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:04 am

ckirsch wrote:I guess since Ezzy was forced to pay into those programs for most of his life, there'd be no shame in his benefiting from them. He also put his life on the line for the country in Korea, so in my book he's entitled to everything he has coming, and then some. I'll accept my social security payments when I'm eligible, as I paid both ends of it for thirty years while self-employed, but I'd much rather have not been forced to pay anything in, and allowed to make my own investments for retirement. The program will likely be insolvent by the time I'm old enough to benefit from it, or I'll be told that since I worked hard, lived below my means, and saved enough on my own, I don't deserve any of those dollars withheld from me for the past thirty or so years, and they'll be given to someone else.

Just curious, how do you feel about the long-term viability of Social Security and Medicare? You seem to tout those programs as examples of the wisdom and foresight of Democratic presidents, when they'll both soon be underwater, and contribute significantly to the debt that our kids and grandkids will inherit. While campaigning for his first term, Obama called Bush out, justifiably, for the amount of debt created under his watch, then ran up far more during his eight years. He claimed Bush was "unpatriotic". What does that make Obama? Does that give you pause?

Also, do Democrats share any concern about the national debt? You claim those of us on the right have no grasp of the facts, but is it not true that at the end of his second term, Obama will have accrued as much debt as all previous administrations combined?


Ckirsch,

With Obama the national debt grew the most dollar-wise, adding $6.94 trillion, a 56% increase, in seven years. His economic stimulus package added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. His tax cut added $858 billion to the debt over two years. He increased defense budget spending to $800 billion. The Affordable Care Act was designed to reduce debt by $143 billion over ten years but these savings didn’t show up until the later years.

George Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, adding $5.8 trillion, but he added a lot more percentage-wise, more than doubling the debt! He drove military spending to $600-800 billion per year, including the Iraq war which cost $800 billion. The “Bush Tax Cuts” [for the rich … my opinion here], and a $700 billion bailout for banks added more to the debt.


I don’t look for much in the way of reduction from Clinton but if Trump expects to balance the budget in seven years (as he says), you can expect some pretty severe tax increases or painful budget cuts. Or is that just more loose talk? And wasn’t it Cheney who famously said deficits don’t matter?

As far as my plan to help balance the Social Security solvency problem I would start by removing the ceiling on contributions to SS, which are now capped for anyone making more than $100,000 per year. The Republicans refuse to change this for some reason. You tell me why anyone who makes over $100,000 per year should be able to stop paying into Social Security at that level!. Or instead maybe just explain it to your kids or grandkids.

I totally agree with your statement about Ezzy. He deserves and is entitled to everything he has coming, and, as well, gets my heart felt thanks for his devotion and service to our country! One would think John McCain would also deserve as much, being a prisoner of war in North Vietnam for five years, of which two years of it was in solitary confinement! So here's what Donald Trump had to say about him: “He’s not a war hero … He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” He also said, “I think John McCain’s done very little for the veterans. I’m very disappointed in John McCain.”

Now, let’s suppose Hillary had said that … can you even imagine? "Lock her up" would't even begin to describe the rage. But we expect those kinds of remarks from Trump because he gets a pass for being a pathological liar. It hardly phases us anymore. What do you think Ezzy might think of someone else who never served in the military saying something like that?
Ouzel
Rank: Junior Hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby jetjockey » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:17 am

Just for clairification, the SS Cap is $118,500 for 2016, which was unchanged from 2015. Splitting hairs obviously, but worth stating. But your right, as soon as workers pass $118500 in yearly earnings, they get a nice 6.2% tax cut.
jetjockey
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Timewise65 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 am

I see many of you have the Liberal talking points and denial techniques down to an art form. Even when presented with facts and source information, you somehow try to spin it and make up some pretty lame comments. As I said the data on these posted comments are published quarterly by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. They have not been changed or altered from the original source. You can disagree with the interpretation, but all you comments about how the data is laid out or whatever, is pure Liberal Spin....

And that is exactly why I did not provide any source information prior to this in my posts. I know how you Liberals think and play games with facts and logic....

Any of you that actually have a curious mind and would like to separate the Liberal lies from facts, check it out yourselves....otherwise shut the He_+_+ up!

Have a nice life, I will be back after Trump kicks Hillary's rear end, back to Little Rock!
Timewise65
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:30 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:13 am

Timewise, I am not a liberal and I do have a curious mind. I looked over the source you showed and he did not lie during his comparisons from year to year (or the years he chose to compare), but there were a lot of charts that showed positive trends in the last 4 or 5 years. Also, keep in mind the effects of the recession went well into Obama's administration because there was no "Quick Fix." There was a mess before and it's still a mess, but not as much... according to your lovely charts. But I doubt that is why you didn't cite any sources. You either did not have them or knew they could be refuted. And when you are refuted by facts you have either ignored them or denied them. So you seemed well versed in the arts as well.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:31 pm

I know how you Liberals think and play games with facts and logic....

It's called arguing. You present verified or verifiable facts and data in a logical manner. There are rules in logic. There are rules in debate. If you present a fact with out verification, I should take your word? I present facts, cite a source that is responsible and accurate, and you deny the fact based on your opinion. You present an unverified fact, i disagree with it and cite a source that is reliable, and you deny the validity of my fact based on your opinion.

Logic- I want a president I can trust. Trumps behavior in the past (bankruptcy,bailouts, defrauding creditors) and his current speeches leave me distrusting him. Therefore, I don't want Trump as president. That does not mean I support Clinton. It means I distrust Trump and don't believe he will be a good president. I do enjoy the pictures of his current wife, though. That doesn't mean I want to see naked pictures of Clintons spouse.

Hillary speaks more rationally and is more aware of current topics and can find the bathrooms in the Whitehouse. She is tied into Wall Street tightly and I don't want her agenda. I believe her to be authoritarian and willing to force her beliefs on me. I don't want an hereditary leadership. Therefore I don't trust her either, and do not want her to be my President..

Logic again. The position of President requires thoughtful decision making. Trump flies by the seat of his pants, reverses stances, and speaks without a decency filter (attacking POWs, mothers of dead soldiers). Trump fails at this. Hillary makes thoughtful decisions (she has an excellent brain), but seems more than willing to overstep Presidential authority. I don't want Hillery. Both fail

Both are making promises that they will have to sell to congress and SCOTUS. Nothing unusual here, except Trump want congress and SCOTUS to ignore the BOR and experts regarding torture, religious freedom, immigration, military rules of conduct. Hillary want to change the 2A. Both fail this.

Hillery is endorsed by a large chunk of the 1%. Trump is part of the 1%. Trump is endorsed by Little Kim (North Korea), Putin(former USSR KBG) and David Dukes (KKK) and seems to relish that thought. DNC was totally biased from the get go. RNC was totally screwed up from the get go, and failed to offer any good candidates. Both fail
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:02 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Timewise, I am not a liberal and I do have a curious mind. I looked over the source you showed and he did not lie during his comparisons from year to year (or the years he chose to compare), but there were a lot of charts that showed positive trends in the last 4 or 5 years. Also, keep in mind the effects of the recession went well into Obama's administration because there was no "Quick Fix." There was a mess before and it's still a mess, but not as much... according to your lovely charts. But I doubt that is why you didn't cite any sources. You either did not have them or knew they could be refuted. And when you are refuted by facts you have either ignored them or denied them. So you seemed well versed in the arts as well.


Congress makes the laws and controls the money.Fact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... nstitution
GOP has had a lot of control of congress for several years. Fact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_div ... Congresses
Obama was unable to influence congress, and that is his failure. Opinion. Read any newspaper.
Congress is responsible for the state of the economy, employment, race problems, traits and trade agreements. Part opinion, part fact.
Obamas efforts to repair the situation were frequently stopped, sidetracked, or changed, by the congress. Fact. newspapers.
The GOP was in a position of power in the congress for a big part of Obamas presidency. Fact.
The GOP stopped Obama as often as they could. Fact. Read any newspaper
Bush , as President when the problems started, was responsible for the situation. Fact and opinion.
Bush was GOP. Fact
Therefore, the GOP is responsible for any problems. Conclusion., using tricks of facts and logic.

Of course , I believe we are still a great nation. GDP is up, the total number of workers is up, stocks are up, gas is down, our military is getting some relief and is rebuilding.
Construction on infrastructure is going full press, houses are being built and sold, crops are coming up, and both my Honey Crisp apple trees are delivering a bumper crop.
I have the time to write this, I have a computer to write it on, I have electricity in the house, hot and cold running water and air, and 2 cell phones, guns a hunting dog, and my vehicles are paid for and running. How can it be bad.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby Ouzel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Wonderful post Doug. Well said!
Ouzel
Rank: Junior Hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby MNTonester » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

re. union contributions almost exclusively to Dems
They don't just donate to Dems... in 1980 PATCO chose not to back Jimmy Carter


you go back over 35 years to one union? I am forced to pay union dues and mainly object because of the lib/Dem causes and donations that those dues fund. Yes, I know they allegedly are not supposed to be used in that way, but the monthly propaganda rag the union sends is chock full of funding and support for various lib activists and their programs (with a liberal sprinkling of anti 1st and 2nd amend editorializing)
User avatar
MNTonester
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:46 pm

MNTonester wrote:re. union contributions almost exclusively to Dems
They don't just donate to Dems... in 1980 PATCO chose not to back Jimmy Carter


you go back over 35 years to one union? I am forced to pay union dues and mainly object because of the lib/Dem causes and donations that those dues fund. Yes, I know they allegedly are not supposed to be used in that way, but the monthly propaganda rag the union sends is chock full of funding and support for various lib activists and their programs (with a liberal sprinkling of anti 1st and 2nd amend editorializing)


I did. Your point?

It was an example I knew off the top of my head. And it didn't really work out for PATCO. Could be why they'd rather support Dems now. I'm not 100% sure on the statistics, but I think somewhere around 40% of the private sector jobs back then were unionized. Now that number is somewhere near 7%.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Long time ago I was in a union. Ate lunch with one of the union brass. He said that the union donated to both parties. Covering all sides.

Industry and Occupation of Union Members In 2015, 7.2 million employees in the public sector belonged to a union, compared with 7.6 million workers in the private sector. The union membership rate for public-sector workers (35.2 percent) was substantially higher than the rate for private-sector workers (6.7 percent).Jan 28, 2016
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:36 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
MNTonester wrote:re. union contributions almost exclusively to Dems
They don't just donate to Dems... in 1980 PATCO chose not to back Jimmy Carter


you go back over 35 years to one union? I am forced to pay union dues and mainly object because of the lib/Dem causes and donations that those dues fund. Yes, I know they allegedly are not supposed to be used in that way, but the monthly propaganda rag the union sends is chock full of funding and support for various lib activists and their programs (with a liberal sprinkling of anti 1st and 2nd amend editorializing)


I did. Your point?

It was an example I knew off the top of my head. And it didn't really work out for PATCO. Could be why they'd rather support Dems now. I'm not 100% sure on the statistics, but I think somewhere around 40% of the private sector jobs back then were unionized. Now that number is somewhere near 7%.


Again, I'd just like to point out the irony of the blue collar republicans idolizing the lifestyle of the 50s, 60s and 70s when unions were in their heyday and a blue collar guy had a well paying job, owned a hoise, a car, and mom stayed home with the kids but they hate unions and vote for a corporatist platform.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:21 pm

DougB wrote:Long time ago I was in a union. Ate lunch with one of the union brass. He said that the union donated to both parties. Covering all sides.

Industry and Occupation of Union Members In 2015, 7.2 million employees in the public sector belonged to a union, compared with 7.6 million workers in the private sector. The union membership rate for public-sector workers (35.2 percent) was substantially higher than the rate for private-sector workers (6.7 percent).Jan 28, 2016


Thanks for the stats. I couldn't remember exactly and I didn't have the time to research them.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby birddogger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm

DougB wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Timewise, I am not a liberal and I do have a curious mind. I looked over the source you showed and he did not lie during his comparisons from year to year (or the years he chose to compare), but there were a lot of charts that showed positive trends in the last 4 or 5 years. Also, keep in mind the effects of the recession went well into Obama's administration because there was no "Quick Fix." There was a mess before and it's still a mess, but not as much... according to your lovely charts. But I doubt that is why you didn't cite any sources. You either did not have them or knew they could be refuted. And when you are refuted by facts you have either ignored them or denied them. So you seemed well versed in the arts as well.


Congress makes the laws and controls the money.Fact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... nstitution
GOP has had a lot of control of congress for several years. Fact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_div ... Congresses
Obama was unable to influence congress, and that is his failure. Opinion. Read any newspaper.
Congress is responsible for the state of the economy, employment, race problems, traits and trade agreements. Part opinion, part fact.
Obamas efforts to repair the situation were frequently stopped, sidetracked, or changed, by the congress. Fact. newspapers.
The GOP was in a position of power in the congress for a big part of Obamas presidency. Fact.
The GOP stopped Obama as often as they could. Fact. Read any newspaper
Bush , as President when the problems started, was responsible for the situation. Fact and opinion.
Bush was GOP. Fact
Therefore, the GOP is responsible for any problems. Conclusion., using tricks of facts and logic.

Of course , I believe we are still a great nation. GDP is up, the total number of workers is up, stocks are up, gas is down, our military is getting some relief and is rebuilding.
Construction on infrastructure is going full press, houses are being built and sold, crops are coming up, and both my Honey Crisp apple trees are delivering a bumper crop.
I have the time to write this, I have a computer to write it on, I have electricity in the house, hot and cold running water and air, and 2 cell phones, guns a hunting dog, and my vehicles are paid for and running. How can it be bad.

I am glad you have done well. I guess we can judge the economy on your success and life style.

Charlie
User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby ezzy333 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:32 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
MNTonester wrote:re. union contributions almost exclusively to Dems

you go back over 35 years to one union? I am forced to pay union dues and mainly object because of the lib/Dem causes and donations that those dues fund. Yes, I know they allegedly are not supposed to be used in that way, but the monthly propaganda rag the union sends is chock full of funding and support for various lib activists and their programs (with a liberal sprinkling of anti 1st and 2nd amend editorializing)


I did. Your point?

It was an example I knew off the top of my head. And it didn't really work out for PATCO. Could be why they'd rather support Dems now. I'm not 100% sure on the statistics, but I think somewhere around 40% of the private sector jobs back then were unionized. Now that number is somewhere near 7%.


Again, I'd just like to point out the irony of the blue collar republicans idolizing the lifestyle of the 50s, 60s and 70s when unions were in their heyday and a blue collar guy had a well paying job, owned a hoise, a car, and mom stayed home with the kids but they hate unions and vote for a corporatist platform.
You are making up a list of what Reps. hate. Back in the days you refer to the Dems were more conservative than most Reps are today. There is no reason to hate or liks either party today as they are much alike as neither are conservative any more. But the Dems have kind of gone extreme liberal to the point of promoting Socialist concepts and it sure seems funny to watch so many of the rank and file go right along with them. They are back to the days when they promoted slavery, KKK, and detested civil rights only now they have different points they just can't let go of. Sad really.
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16504
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby birddogger » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:50 pm

DougB wrote:Long time ago I was in a union. Ate lunch with one of the union brass. He said that the union donated to both parties. Covering all sides.

Industry and Occupation of Union Members In 2015, 7.2 million employees in the public sector belonged to a union, compared with 7.6 million workers in the private sector. The union membership rate for public-sector workers (35.2 percent) was substantially higher than the rate for private-sector workers (6.7 percent).Jan 28, 2016

I have also been a member in a couple of different unions. If you were in a union which donated to both parties, I believe it was a rarity. I am in no way knocking unions but I , personally have never known of one that donated to anyone or any party other than Democrat. Not only that, but they try to brain wash their members to support only the Democrats. They were not successful in doing that with me and a few other members, but were and are successful with the vast majority of members. Whatever propaganda was put out was the gospel and if you disagreed with them, you were ridiculed and pretty much in the same category as a traitor.

Charlie
User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby mnaj_springer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Ezzy, if neither are conservative anymore, what's your definition of conservative?
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 pm

birddogger wrote:
DougB wrote:Long time ago I was in a union. Ate lunch with one of the union brass. He said that the union donated to both parties. Covering all sides.

Industry and Occupation of Union Members In 2015, 7.2 million employees in the public sector belonged to a union, compared with 7.6 million workers in the private sector. The union membership rate for public-sector workers (35.2 percent) was substantially higher than the rate for private-sector workers (6.7 percent).Jan 28, 2016

I have also been a member in a couple of different unions. If you were in a union which donated to both parties, I believe it was a rarity. I am in no way knocking unions but I , personally have never known of one that donated to anyone or any party other than Democrat. Not only that, but they try to brain wash their members to support only the Democrats. They were not successful in doing that with me and a few other members, but were and are successful with the vast majority of members. Whatever propaganda was put out was the gospel and if you disagreed with them, you were ridiculed and pretty much in the same category as a traitor.

Charlie


Once you understand that unions and corporations are both trying to game the system to maximize profits for their own interests, it shouldn't be such an us vs them decision. However, I'm never amazed how easily pwople can be convinced into voting against their own financial best interests. I mean seriously who cares what other people do with their own lives? If someone wants to be in a same sex marriage or abort a baby, I'm not sure how it effects me or why I should care. Why should I care if someone prays to Buddha, Xenu, Allah, Jesus, or just pray at all?

If you people want to ensure that America is great in the short and long term, don't allow corporatism and over regulation (criminalize reckless behavior) to corrupt our free market system. Make sure that our best and brightest receive extraordinary educational opportunities regardless of familial economics (ie meritocracy) and get the Dream Act passed for 4 year college graduates. Lastly, stop selling immigration and a path to citizenship to wealthy foreigners. Instead, expand immigration opportunities for highly educated foreign nationals.

Finally, stop being one issue suckers that gets used to pass 101 special issues, because they dangle your special interest carrot, that would never pass on a standalone popular vote.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:03 pm

ezzy333 wrote:You are making up a list of what Reps. hate. Back in the days you refer to the Dems were more conservative than most Reps are today. There is no reason to hate or liks either party today as they are much alike as neither are conservative any more. But the Dems have kind of gone extreme liberal to the point of promoting Socialist concepts and it sure seems funny to watch so many of the rank and file go right along with them. They are back to the days when they promoted slavery, KKK, and detested civil rights only now they have different points they just can't let go of. Sad really.


I'm not making any lists. It is really simple, rim not romanticizing the eras created by the union heyday while voting for an anti union corporatism platform that's actively and aggressively union busting.

It is like someone gushing how much they love bacon and eggs then voting to eliminate the pork and poultry industry.
AAA Gundogs
Rank: Master Hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby ezzy333 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:34 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
birddogger wrote:I have also been a member in a couple of different unions. If you were in a union which donated to both parties, I believe it was a rarity. I am in no way knocking unions but I , personally have never known of one that donated to anyone or any party other than Democrat. Not only that, but they try to brain wash their members to support only the Democrats. They were not successful in doing that with me and a few other members, but were and are successful with the vast majority of members. Whatever propaganda was put out was the gospel and if you disagreed with them, you were ridiculed and pretty much in the same category as a traitor.

Charlie


Once you understand that unions and corporations are both trying to game the system to maximize profits for their own interests, it shouldn't be such an us vs them decision. However, I'm never amazed how easily pwople can be convinced into voting against their own financial best interests. I mean seriously who cares what other people do with their own lives? If someone wants to be in a same sex marriage or abort a baby, I'm not sure how it effects me or why I should care. Why should I care if someone prays to Buddha, Xenu, Allah, Jesus, or just pray at all?

If you people want to ensure that America is great in the short and long term, don't allow corporatism and over regulation (criminalize reckless behavior) to corrupt our free market system. Make sure that our best and brightest receive extraordinary educational opportunities regardless of familial economics (ie meritocracy) and get the Dream Act passed for 4 year college graduates. Lastly, stop selling immigration and a path to citizenship to wealthy foreigners. Instead, expand immigration opportunities for highly educated foreign nationals.

Finally, stop being one issue suckers that gets used to pass 101 special issues, because they dangle your special interest carrot, that would never pass on a standalone popular vote.
It might have been a major handicap for you if it was your mother who decided she would rather do something other than raise the baby she is carrying.
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16504
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby DougB » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 am

It might have been a major handicap for you if it was your mother who decided she would rather do something other than raise the baby she is carrying.
What kind of argument is that? Trump has gone back and forth on this issue so often and so fast, you get whiplash trying to follow him.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-c ... ns/0002153
Cognitive distortions are simply ways that our mind convinces us of something that isn’t really true
1) Filtering: We take the negative details and magnify them while filtering out all positive aspects of a situation.
2) Polarized Thinking: In polarized thinking, things are either “black-or-white.”
3) Overgeneralization: A person may see a single, unpleasant event as part of a never-ending pattern of defeat.
4)Jumping to conclusions:
5)Catastrophizing: This is also referred to as “magnifying or minimizing.” We hear about a problem and use what if questions. (i.e. It might have been a major handicap for you if it was your mother who decided she would rather do something other than raise the baby she is carrying)

10 more common cognitive distortions on the list.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Postby AtTheMurph » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm

This is a great thread! How did it turn out?
User avatar
AtTheMurph
Rank: Junior Hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Central Indiana

Previous

Return to Off Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

| Pedigrees

THIS POST : Identifying the Enemy brought to you by Gun Dog Supply: Dog Training Collars & Hunting Dog Supplies

Click here to tweet this post

  • NOT logged in
  • Identifying the Enemy
  • ./viewtopic.php?f=121&t=51068&start=450&sid=59390319eaefbbf78f0d4ae8a269c039